USA: Jones And Polo Ralph Lauren In International Deal
Jones Apparel Group today announced that it has signed an agreement to provide design and merchandising support to Polo Ralph Lauren's licensee in Japan. The company will also be the direct supplier of product for Europe, including Israel and the Middle East, and all other international locations. As compensation for this support, Jones will participate in the royalty income paid by Polo's licensee. As the direct supplier, Jones will sell Lauren and Ralph products under a wholesale agreement consistent with the current arrangements with Polo Ralph Lauren corporation. All sales, marketing and distribution will be directed by Polo or one of its licensees. The arrangements will commence with product for Spring 2001.Sidney Kimmel, chairman, said: "We believe that the introduction of the Lauren and Ralph brands will be met with outstanding response. These brands provide superior quality and fashionable women's and young women's sportswear at better price points under the premier American designer brand name. We have an excellent relationship with the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation and look forward to further strengthening it with this new venture."Mr Kimmel continued: "Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has excellent marketing and distribution resources in both Europe and Asia to successfully execute these launches. We are optimistic that the success of these brands that has been realized in the United States and Canada will be extended internationally as well, and develop into a meaningful business over time."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing