USA: Jones And Polo Ralph Lauren In International Deal
Jones Apparel Group today announced that it has signed an agreement to provide design and merchandising support to Polo Ralph Lauren's licensee in Japan. The company will also be the direct supplier of product for Europe, including Israel and the Middle East, and all other international locations. As compensation for this support, Jones will participate in the royalty income paid by Polo's licensee. As the direct supplier, Jones will sell Lauren and Ralph products under a wholesale agreement consistent with the current arrangements with Polo Ralph Lauren corporation. All sales, marketing and distribution will be directed by Polo or one of its licensees. The arrangements will commence with product for Spring 2001.Sidney Kimmel, chairman, said: "We believe that the introduction of the Lauren and Ralph brands will be met with outstanding response. These brands provide superior quality and fashionable women's and young women's sportswear at better price points under the premier American designer brand name. We have an excellent relationship with the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation and look forward to further strengthening it with this new venture."Mr Kimmel continued: "Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has excellent marketing and distribution resources in both Europe and Asia to successfully execute these launches. We are optimistic that the success of these brands that has been realized in the United States and Canada will be extended internationally as well, and develop into a meaningful business over time."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020