INDIA: Jones Apparel And HCL In Software Tie-Up
HCL Technologies, India's No 5 software maker, today announced it has formed a software joint venture with the US's Jones Apparel Group Inc. The collaboration will give HCL better market access and a strong competitive advantage.
In a statement posted on its website, India's National Stock Exchange said HCL Technologies will own 51 per cent of the venture, with the remainder being held by fashion designer and retailer Jones Apparel.
The statement did not give financial details, but said the venture will be called HCL Jones Technologies.
Fashion designer and retailer Jones Apparel will contribute revenue and retail expertise to the venture while HCL Technologies will contribute capital and offshore services, it said in a statement.
HCL Technologies CEO Shiv Nadar said that although there is no revenue target, "the venture will help in building expertise in the retail segment."
Jones Apparel is an existing small customer of HCL Technologies.
Companies: Authentic Brands Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has appointed Clare Cuthbert as president of the company's accessories division, effective today....
Luxury goods giant LVMH SA has denied suggestions that it has sold off US fashion label Donna Karan, according to dealers cited media reports....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
Leading clothing and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc says it is closing its laundry, assembly and distribution operations located in San Luis, Mexico, after a comprehensive review of its Mexi...
HCL Technologies Retail Business Solutions, a joint venture between HCL Technologies and Jones Apparel Group Inc, is launching Ascentua, a new generation of innovative software solutions designed to m...
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective