US: Jones Apparel appoints Allard to creative post
Clothing firm Jones Apparel Group has announced the appointment of Fred Allard as creative director of the Nine West brand footwear and accessories divisions.
He has been assigned to oversee the vision for Nine West-branded products in the company-owned footwear, handbag and jewellery divisions.
"This is about our ongoing commitment to putting product and design at the centre of the brand, investing in the best talent and bringing together the talent in each division to act as a unified Nine West team," said Andrew Cohen, company CEO of wholesale footwear and accessories.
"We believe Fred is the right person to execute this vision and we are happy for his return to the company."
Allard's background includes 12 previous years at Nine West Group, and creative director positions with Castaner and Stephane Kelian.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022