USA: Jones Apparel Closes Barneys Acquisition
Jones Apparel Group Inc has successfully completed its purchase of department store retailer Barneys New York Inc.
The transaction is valued at $397.3 million, which includes $19.00 per common share to Barneys stockholders totalling $291.3m.
In addition, Jones funded the repurchase of Barneys outstanding Senior Secured Notes due 2008, with a face value of $106.0m.
Peter Boneparth, chief executive officer of Jones, said that the transaction complemented its diversification programme and that Barneys' "focus on the luxury consumer" will give "an added dimension" to its current brand portfolio, and lead to further expansion opportunities.
Jones Apparel Group's brands include Jones New York, Evan-Picone, Norton McNaughton and Gloria Vanderbilt.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Jones Apparel Group said it sees good global opportunities for the recently bought Barneys luxury chain. In addition, the company has made an "astronomical bid" for the Kate Spade accessories label, r...
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Ghurka, the 30 year-old American luxury brand specialising in handcrafted leather goods and accessories, has appointed designer John Bartlett as its new creative director....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has appointed Clare Cuthbert as president of the company's accessories division, effective today....
Luxury goods giant LVMH SA has denied suggestions that it has sold off US fashion label Donna Karan, according to dealers cited media reports....
Hong Kong-based fashion company Tommy Hilfiger Corp is preparing to auction itself off, according to sources cited by The Wall Street Journal....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack