USA: Jones Apparel Reaps Benefits Of 7thOnline
Top clothing company Jones Apparel Group has successfully implemented a merchandising system from 7thOnline to streamline its assortment planning processes for multiple divisions.
Jones began its collaboration with 7thOnline two years ago in the aim of driving sales and reducing costs through a more proactive and efficient assortment planning process
The implementation of the system has resulted in better matching of inventory to retailer demand, higher fill rates, additional revenue opportunities realised, and significantly reduced administrative costs and errors associated with the order management process.
Jones has now expanded its usage of 7thOnline to additional product lines, including Anne Klein, Jones Collection, Jones Sport, and Polo Jeans.
Jones chief executive officer Peter Boneparth said: "We believe that the assortment planning approach we have deployed will help us to deliver optimal store assortments and to attract and retain the consumer."
Jones is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories. The company also markets directly to consumers through its chain of specialty retail and value-based stores, and operates the Barneys New York chain of luxury stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Upmarket clothing label Polo Ralph Lauren has enjoyed a 31 per cent hike in second-quarter net income on better wholesale and retail sales....
The United States Polo Association and apparel company Jordache Limited have been granted the right to use horse logos on their goods after a court case concluded they do not infringe on the trademark...
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts