USA: Jones Apparel reshuffles wholesale management
Clothing, footwear and accessories group Jones Apparel has announced changes to the management of its wholesale apparel business.
Lynne Cote has been appointed to the newly created position of chief executive officer - wholesale sportswear, suits and dresses. Cote will have complete responsibility for all of Jones' wholesale sportswear, suit and dress brands.
The role also encompasses her current responsibilities for the company's moderate apparel sportswear brands. The company has begun a search for possible candidates to take over her previous role.
Mark Mendelson has been appointed chief merchandising officer of better apparel, where he will be responsible for wholesale merchandising and assortment activities for better apparel divisions.
Susan Metzger has been appointed president - sales and marketing of better sportswear, where she will be responsible for leading and coordinating sales and marketing functions for all wholesale better sportswear brands.
Gregg Marks has been named chief executive officer of Jones Suit Divisions, where he will be responsible for all of the company's suit divisions.
Jones Apparel Group is a leading designer, marketer and wholesaler of branded apparel, footwear and accessories. The company also markets directly to consumers through its chain of specialty retail and value-based stores, and operates the Barneys New York chain of luxury stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Jones Apparel Group said it sees good global opportunities for the recently bought Barneys luxury chain. In addition, the company has made an "astronomical bid" for the Kate Spade accessories label, r...
Clothing group Jones Apparel has enjoyed a 63% hike in fourth-quarter net earnings, but a full-year earnings slip. The company also detailed growth plans for 2006 and beyond....
Top clothing company Jones Apparel Group has successfully implemented a merchandising system from 7thOnline to streamline its assortment planning processes for multiple divisions....
Apparel, footwear and accessories group Jones Apparel Group has reported a tumble in earnings on lowered sales and weak department store trading....
Luxury stores operator Barneys New York, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jones Apparel Group, Inc, has announced the promotion of Julie Gilhart to senior vice president, fashion director/women's....
Ghurka, the 30 year-old American luxury brand specialising in handcrafted leather goods and accessories, has appointed designer John Bartlett as its new creative director....
Thimio will assume responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting and budgeting activities and will continue to lead the treasury division....
Branded apparel and footwear company Jones Apparel Group Inc has reported a 29 per cent drop in second-quarter earnings and has launched a strategic review of operations in a push to cut costs and boo...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar