US: Jones Apparel to trial RFID in Nine West stores
Jones Apparel Group Inc is to pilot item-level Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology in some of its Nine West stores to study its impact on productivity, customer service and inventory accuracy.
"We are always looking for new ways to raise the bar and deliver outstanding customer service," said Sergio Prosperino, senior vice president, store operations at Nine West.
"We are intrigued by the prospect of enhanced inventory visibility, and we think this can be of real value to our customers and store associates."
The technology, which includes RFID software, fixed and hand-held readers and antennas, tags and printers, is being supplied by Avery Dennison, inCode Wireless, Motorola, RFID Sherpas LLC and Vue Technology.
"We are eager to begin this test to explore the benefits that RFID can provide in our retail footwear locations," said Norm Veit, executive vice president, MIS at Jones.
"RFID has interested us for some time, and we believe it has reached the point where launching a pilot program of this nature makes sense."
Jones Apparel Group has swung to a full year loss of US$765.4m after being hit by an impairment charge, promotional markdowns and a weak holiday season....
Jones Apparel Group has elected Robert L Mettler and Margaret H Georgiadis to the company's board of directors....
Jones Apparel Group today (22 January) lowered its full-year earnings guidance after being forced to discount its clothing as the retail environment "significantly worsened" during its fourth quarter....
The organisers of IMB 2009: World of Textile Processing, the technology trade fair for the textiles and clothing sector, say they are expecting 25,000 trade visitors from around 100 countries to visit...
Apparel and footwear retail group Mosaic Fashions has put its Shoe Studio business up for sale following a six-month strategic review....
Shares in Jones Apparel Group rallied by as much as 41% after the company amended its existing US$1.25bn revolving credit facilities....
Avery Dennison RFID has promoted Maggie Bidlingmaier as its global sales and marketing director....
Label specialist UPM Raflatac has opened a new RFID manufacturing site in Guangzhou, southern China....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects