US: Jones appoints new international president
Jones Apparel Group has appointed Anliza Mak as president of Jones International, effective 27 October.
Hong Kong-based Mak, who was actively involved in the formation of Jones International, replaces Sam Tang who is pursuing interests elsewhere.
Lynne Cote, CEO of wholesale sportswear, suits and dresses, said: "Anliza is a recognized leader in the organisation with strong management, production, and quality control skills.
"She will be an integral part of realigning the role and responsibility of Jones International with a vision of reducing production lead times and increasing Jones Apparel Group's speed-to-market capabilities."
Jones' brands include Jones New York, Gloria Vanderbilt, Nine West, Anne Klein, and Barneys New York.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel retailers saw a general pick-up in September sales, helped by falling petrol prices, cool weather, back-to-school demand - and a hefty dose of early autumn promotions. But what about the lure ...
Clothing maker Jones Apparel has posted a fourth-quarter loss, which it blamed on unusual expenses and charges plus the exit from Polo Jeans....
Jones Apparel Group expects to take a US$322.2m non-cash after-tax charge for goodwill and trademark impairment in two of its moderate businesses, which will lead it to report losses for both the four...
Industry rumours say Jones Apparel could be about to sell off well known brands Nine West and Barneys New York, a suggestion that analyst Marshal Cohen told just-style was not surprising....
Jones Apparel Group's Nine West Accessories business has named Tobi Snyder as its senior VP of merchandising, a newly created position....
Jones Apparel Group has appointed Frits D van Paasschen to its board of directors....
Apparel marketer Kellwood Company announced it has completed the purchase of the assets of CRL Group, owner of the Vince brand and trademark....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has agreed to buy the assets of CRL Group, which owns the Vince women's sportswear brand and trademark....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective