USA: Jones Given Green Light To Buy Kasper For $216m
Clothing giant Jones Apparel Group Inc on Thursday received bankruptcy court approval for its $216.6 million acquisition of garment maker Kasper ASL Ltd. The New York-based firm, which last week fought off competition from rival Kellwood Co at auction, said in a news release it plans to finance the deal with cash on hand and expects it to boost earnings from the second half of 2004.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores