US: Jones Group adds Stafiniak to Nine West
US apparel and footwear business The Jones Group has appointed former Coach executive Joseph Stafiniak to the newly-created position of senior vice president of merchandising for its Nine West brand.
Stafiniak will operate as the lead merchant for Nine West, overseeing product and merchandising strategies to meet the expanding needs of the brand's global business.
He will report to Kathy Nedorostek, group president of global footwear and accessories.
"Joseph is a highly respected industry executive with a unique ability to work in tandem with both design and retail to deliver product that resonates with consumers, and we are excited to welcome him to Nine West," Nedorostek said.
Stafiniak joins from footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc, where he served as senior vice president of licensed categories for six years. He previously worked as vice president and general manager of footwear for Coach.
Teen apparel retailer Delia's has tapped Coach Inc executive Whitney Randall as its new vice president and general merchandise manager....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
New York-based upscale footwear, handbag and accessories retailer Coach Inc has named Stuart Vevers as its new executive creative director....
New Zealand-based outdoor apparel company Icebreaker has appointed Cathy Quain as its first global vice president of retail....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects