US: Jones Group adds Stafiniak to Nine West
US apparel and footwear business The Jones Group has appointed former Coach executive Joseph Stafiniak to the newly-created position of senior vice president of merchandising for its Nine West brand.
Stafiniak will operate as the lead merchant for Nine West, overseeing product and merchandising strategies to meet the expanding needs of the brand's global business.
He will report to Kathy Nedorostek, group president of global footwear and accessories.
"Joseph is a highly respected industry executive with a unique ability to work in tandem with both design and retail to deliver product that resonates with consumers, and we are excited to welcome him to Nine West," Nedorostek said.
Stafiniak joins from footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc, where he served as senior vice president of licensed categories for six years. He previously worked as vice president and general manager of footwear for Coach.
Teen apparel retailer Delia's has tapped Coach Inc executive Whitney Randall as its new vice president and general merchandise manager....
Turkish denim specialist Calik Denim has unveiled its new "super-stretch" fabric line at a launch event attended by executives from Bershka, Mavi, Lee Cooper, Diesel, Giorgio Armani and Zara....
New York-based upscale footwear, handbag and accessories retailer Coach Inc has named Stuart Vevers as its new executive creative director....
New Zealand-based outdoor apparel company Icebreaker has appointed Cathy Quain as its first global vice president of retail....
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening