US: Jones Group promotes DiPietrantonio to COO
US footwear and apparel maker The Jones Group has promoted Cynthia DiPietrantonio to the role of chief operating officer, with responsibilities that include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as production in the Group's overseas facilities, including its production offices in China and Hong Kong.
"This promotion comes at an important time, as we continue to implement a seamless supply chain," said CEO Wesley Card.
"Since her appointment as chief operations officer five years ago, Cindy has proven herself to be an excellent manager and has been essential in driving company-wide improvements, including enhancing efficiencies in our distribution centres and implementing better buying and planning processes."
DiPietrantonio, who has worked at the Jones Group for 30 years, was appointed chief operations officer in 2007 with responsibility for the development of strategic supply chain initiatives.
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- Esprit warns of “substantial” FY loss