US: Jones Group promotes DiPietrantonio to COO
US footwear and apparel maker The Jones Group has promoted Cynthia DiPietrantonio to the role of chief operating officer, with responsibilities that include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as production in the Group's overseas facilities, including its production offices in China and Hong Kong.
"This promotion comes at an important time, as we continue to implement a seamless supply chain," said CEO Wesley Card.
"Since her appointment as chief operations officer five years ago, Cindy has proven herself to be an excellent manager and has been essential in driving company-wide improvements, including enhancing efficiencies in our distribution centres and implementing better buying and planning processes."
DiPietrantonio, who has worked at the Jones Group for 30 years, was appointed chief operations officer in 2007 with responsibility for the development of strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide