US: Jones Group promotes DiPietrantonio to COO
US footwear and apparel maker The Jones Group has promoted Cynthia DiPietrantonio to the role of chief operating officer, with responsibilities that include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as production in the Group's overseas facilities, including its production offices in China and Hong Kong.
"This promotion comes at an important time, as we continue to implement a seamless supply chain," said CEO Wesley Card.
"Since her appointment as chief operations officer five years ago, Cindy has proven herself to be an excellent manager and has been essential in driving company-wide improvements, including enhancing efficiencies in our distribution centres and implementing better buying and planning processes."
DiPietrantonio, who has worked at the Jones Group for 30 years, was appointed chief operations officer in 2007 with responsibility for the development of strategic supply chain initiatives.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects