US: Jones Group promotes DiPietrantonio to COO
US footwear and apparel maker The Jones Group has promoted Cynthia DiPietrantonio to the role of chief operating officer, with responsibilities that include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as production in the Group's overseas facilities, including its production offices in China and Hong Kong.
"This promotion comes at an important time, as we continue to implement a seamless supply chain," said CEO Wesley Card.
"Since her appointment as chief operations officer five years ago, Cindy has proven herself to be an excellent manager and has been essential in driving company-wide improvements, including enhancing efficiencies in our distribution centres and implementing better buying and planning processes."
DiPietrantonio, who has worked at the Jones Group for 30 years, was appointed chief operations officer in 2007 with responsibility for the development of strategic supply chain initiatives.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam