US: Jones Group promotes DiPietrantonio to COO
US footwear and apparel maker The Jones Group has promoted Cynthia DiPietrantonio to the role of chief operating officer, with responsibilities that include overseeing day-to-day operations as well as production in the Group's overseas facilities, including its production offices in China and Hong Kong.
"This promotion comes at an important time, as we continue to implement a seamless supply chain," said CEO Wesley Card.
"Since her appointment as chief operations officer five years ago, Cindy has proven herself to be an excellent manager and has been essential in driving company-wide improvements, including enhancing efficiencies in our distribution centres and implementing better buying and planning processes."
DiPietrantonio, who has worked at the Jones Group for 30 years, was appointed chief operations officer in 2007 with responsibility for the development of strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Bangladesh Alliance unveils fire safety initiative