US: Jones New York names Thorp creative director
Apparel and footwear company Jones Group has hired Jeffrey Thorp as vice president and creative director of the Jones New York brand.
The company said Thorp will continue to "evolve the brand's 40 year history of dressing women for success".
He joins from Magaschoni, where he was creative director, and has held roles at Barneys and Ann Taylor. He will report to chief merchandising officer Susie Rieland and has begun working on the autumn 2012 collection, which will be shown to retailers in March 2012.
"We are thrilled to have Jeffrey join the Jones New York brand," said Susan Metzger, CEO of women's wholesale better sportswear.
"He brings not only his extensive women's wear experience but also a fresh, modern energy to his designs with a strong focus on sportswear details, knitwear and compelling prints."
Barneys New York has been taken over by Perry Capital in a debt-for-equity swap that reduces the US luxury department store operator's borrowings by US$540m and allows the chain to invest in developin...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”