US: Jones New York names Thorp creative director
Apparel and footwear company Jones Group has hired Jeffrey Thorp as vice president and creative director of the Jones New York brand.
The company said Thorp will continue to "evolve the brand's 40 year history of dressing women for success".
He joins from Magaschoni, where he was creative director, and has held roles at Barneys and Ann Taylor. He will report to chief merchandising officer Susie Rieland and has begun working on the autumn 2012 collection, which will be shown to retailers in March 2012.
"We are thrilled to have Jeffrey join the Jones New York brand," said Susan Metzger, CEO of women's wholesale better sportswear.
"He brings not only his extensive women's wear experience but also a fresh, modern energy to his designs with a strong focus on sportswear details, knitwear and compelling prints."
Barneys New York has been taken over by Perry Capital in a debt-for-equity swap that reduces the US luxury department store operator's borrowings by US$540m and allows the chain to invest in developin...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide