US: Jones New York names Thorp creative director
Apparel and footwear company Jones Group has hired Jeffrey Thorp as vice president and creative director of the Jones New York brand.
The company said Thorp will continue to "evolve the brand's 40 year history of dressing women for success".
He joins from Magaschoni, where he was creative director, and has held roles at Barneys and Ann Taylor. He will report to chief merchandising officer Susie Rieland and has begun working on the autumn 2012 collection, which will be shown to retailers in March 2012.
"We are thrilled to have Jeffrey join the Jones New York brand," said Susan Metzger, CEO of women's wholesale better sportswear.
"He brings not only his extensive women's wear experience but also a fresh, modern energy to his designs with a strong focus on sportswear details, knitwear and compelling prints."
Barneys New York has been taken over by Perry Capital in a debt-for-equity swap that reduces the US luxury department store operator's borrowings by US$540m and allows the chain to invest in developin...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024