US: Jones New York names Thorp creative director
Apparel and footwear company Jones Group has hired Jeffrey Thorp as vice president and creative director of the Jones New York brand.
The company said Thorp will continue to "evolve the brand's 40 year history of dressing women for success".
He joins from Magaschoni, where he was creative director, and has held roles at Barneys and Ann Taylor. He will report to chief merchandising officer Susie Rieland and has begun working on the autumn 2012 collection, which will be shown to retailers in March 2012.
"We are thrilled to have Jeffrey join the Jones New York brand," said Susan Metzger, CEO of women's wholesale better sportswear.
"He brings not only his extensive women's wear experience but also a fresh, modern energy to his designs with a strong focus on sportswear details, knitwear and compelling prints."
Barneys New York has been taken over by Perry Capital in a debt-for-equity swap that reduces the US luxury department store operator's borrowings by US$540m and allows the chain to invest in developin...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015