US: Jones to sell off Nine West and Barneys?
Women's Wear Daily reported "financial and industry sources" as saying the firm could be seeking buyers for the two brands, although CFO Efthimio Sotos did not comment on the rumour when contacted by the magazine.
Cohen told just-style: "all brands are in play… this is the time when all retailers and brands are open minded about leveraging the equity they have built up for substantial brand power.
"Today, brands are becoming more and more scarce in retailers but more and more powerful even though there may be fewer of them in stores as they consolidate."
When asked who he thought could be in for the bidding, Cohen said: "Private Equity funding and even some other larger companies would love to gain growth by acquisitions."
Jones withdrew its whole business from the auction block last August after failing to draw the interest it hoped for.
Other brands in Jones' portfolio include Anne Klein, Jones New York and Joan & David.
Liz Claiborne has spent the best part of the last two decades buying small, niche-oriented brands. But this week the company ushered in a new era by announcing plans to focus on smaller, more powerful...
They may be "cheap," "badly made" or "short-changing" consumers, but celebrity apparel collections - such as supermodel Kate Moss's Topshop range and pop star Madonna's line for H&M - are likely to re...
Jones Apparel Group Inc, which is currently in the process of selling its Barneys New York business, today (12 July) announced the resignation of president and chief executive officer Peter Boneparth ...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd, operator of the Uniqlo-brand casual-wear shops, on Thursday (12 July) reported an 11.5% drop in group profit for the nine months to May, blaming losses at its overseas subsidiar...
Jones Apparel Group Inc has received an unsolicited offer for its Barneys New York subsidiary from Japanese apparel group Fast Retailing Co, the owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, for $900m in...
Ending months of feverish negotiation and even more speculation, Dubai-based private equity house Istithmar said late Friday (22 June) that it had agreed to acquire Barneys New York from Jones Apparel...
Joseph Donnalley, senior vice president of corporate taxation and risk management at Jones Apparel Group, has taken the additional post of treasurer....
Jones Apparel is keeping its cards close to its chest amid mounting speculation that the company could offload its luxury retailer Barneys New York as soon as this week....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020