FRANCE: Jordi Constans named Louis Vuitton chief executive
Jordi Constans, a senior executive at French food group Danone, is being lined up as the next chief executive of luxury label Louis Vuitton, where he will succeed Yves Carcelle at the end of next year.
Brand owner LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton yesterday (14 September) said Constans will spend 2012 familiarising himself with the LVMH Group, before taking over from Carcelle.
Constans has joined the luxury firm from Danone, where he was most recently the executive vice president of the fresh dairy products division.
Yves Carcelle has led Louis Vuitton since 1990, and in the 21 years of his tenure has led the label to spectacular growth.
He will remain a member of the LVMH executive committee and will undertake strategic roles alongside chairman and CEO Bernard Arnault. He will also become president of the 'Fondation Louis Vuitton', a museum designed by architect Frank Gehry that is set to open in early 2013.
Established skills and tradition were not enough to save some apparel makers from layoffs and factory closures in 2011. But acquisitions, an environmental focus and international expansion helped othe...
US investment fund TA Associates is reported to be in discussions with Zadig & Voltaire (Z&V) on taking a minority shareholding in the French fashion label....
L Capital, the private equity firm backed by luxury goods firm LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has launched its third fund, L Capital 3....
French lingerie maker Lejaby has been renamed La Maison Lejaby ahead of its relaunch under new ownership....
A private-equity fund backed by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has bought a stake in Chinese company Trendy International Group, according to reports....
Double-digit growth for its fashion and leather goods brands helped luxury powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton to record full-year net profits of EUR5.26bn in 2011....
A Lejaby production plant, which was set to close under the terms of a takeover bid for the lingerie group accepted by a commercial court last month, has been acquired by Sofama, a company which suppl...
Luxury leather goods and accessories business Mulberry Group Plc today (21 December) named Hermès director Bruno Guillon as its next chief executive....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack