US: Jos A Bank acquires outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer
Under the deal, Jos A Bank will pay US$564m in cash and issue around 4.7m new shares to Everest Topco, the parent company of Eddie Bauer and a portfolio company of Golden Gate.
On closure of the deal, Everest Topco will own 16.6% of the company's outstanding shares and will have the right to designate two board directors.
The acquisition comes as Jos A Bank and Men's Wearhouse continue their battle to buy each other.
Earlier this month, Jos A Bank Clothiers turned down yet another acquisition bid by Men's Wearhouse.
In a letter today, Jos A Bank reiterated the offer "substantially undervalues" the company and it therefore sees "no benefit in commencing negotiations".
Its previous bid for Men's Wearhouse, however, has been backed by Eddie Bauer's owner, Golden Gate Capital.
Jos A Bank announced its intent to purchase larger rival Men's Wearhouse in October. After that effort was rebuffed, Men's Wearhouse mounted its own effort to buy Jos. A. Bank, which was in turn rejected.
Separately, the company updated its fourth-quarter earnings guidance. It now expects adjusted EPS of $1.04 to $1.10 per, compared to $0.98 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts