US: Jos A Bank acquires outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer
Under the deal, Jos A Bank will pay US$564m in cash and issue around 4.7m new shares to Everest Topco, the parent company of Eddie Bauer and a portfolio company of Golden Gate.
On closure of the deal, Everest Topco will own 16.6% of the company's outstanding shares and will have the right to designate two board directors.
The acquisition comes as Jos A Bank and Men's Wearhouse continue their battle to buy each other.
Earlier this month, Jos A Bank Clothiers turned down yet another acquisition bid by Men's Wearhouse.
In a letter today, Jos A Bank reiterated the offer "substantially undervalues" the company and it therefore sees "no benefit in commencing negotiations".
Its previous bid for Men's Wearhouse, however, has been backed by Eddie Bauer's owner, Golden Gate Capital.
Jos A Bank announced its intent to purchase larger rival Men's Wearhouse in October. After that effort was rebuffed, Men's Wearhouse mounted its own effort to buy Jos. A. Bank, which was in turn rejected.
Separately, the company updated its fourth-quarter earnings guidance. It now expects adjusted EPS of $1.04 to $1.10 per, compared to $0.98 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
Men's Wearhouse has closed its acquisition of US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers following a long-running battle by the firm to buy its rival....
US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has said it remains cautious heading into the crucial Father's Day period after suffering a gross margin decline in May and swinging to a lo...
Supply chain and operations specialist Jeff Streader has been named global chief operating officer (COO) of action sports and surfwear brand Billabong....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details