US: Jos A Bank Clothiers to review Men's Wearhouse offer
Retailer The Men's Wearhouse yesterday (6 January) submitted a higher offer to acquire all outstanding shares of Jos A Bank. It offered to acquire the company for $57.50 per share, bettering its November offer of $55.
In a statement following the bid, Jos A Bank said that, consistent with its fiduciary duties, it will "carefully review" all aspects of the offer in consultation with its financial and legal advisors. It is expected to make a recommendation to shareholders on or before 17 January.
"The company's stockholders are advised to take no action on the tender offer until the company's board of directors has announced its recommendation to stockholders. The date for the company's 2014 annual meeting of shareholders has not yet been announced and shareholders are not required to take any action at this time with respect to the Men's Wearhouse nominees or otherwise."
Yesterday's hostile bid comes just days after the smaller rival upped its buyout defenses and is the latest move in a long-running battle between the two retailers.
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
Men's Wearhouse has closed its acquisition of US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers following a long-running battle by the firm to buy its rival....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report