USA: Jos A Bank Raises Earnings Outlook
The operator of around 150 stores said in a news release it sees quarterly earnings per share of 25 cents, up from last year’s 21 cents, and sees full-year earnings of $1.40 per share - an increase of 33 per cent over the year-ago earnings of $1.05.
It also announced an acceleration of its store expansion program that includes opening up to 350 stores over the next five years. The firm plans to open 25 stores in fiscal 2002, 50 stores in 2003, 75 stores in 2004 and up to 100 stores each year thereafter.
"Three years ago we announced a plan to grow our chain of men’s wear retail stores and increase our profits - and we have done this", commented Jos A Bank chief executive officer Robert Wildrick.
"Now we are ready to take our brand to the `next level' as we are very encouraged by the success we are having with our stores, along with our catalogue and internet businesses.
”We believe the company is uniquely positioned to become America's premier men’s wear retailer and our strong balance sheet and operating cash flows will allow us to take advantage of attractive opportunities currently in the real estate marketplace."
Companies: Jos A Bank Clothiers Inc
Men's clothing retailer Jos A Bank has enjoyed a 45% jump in third-quarter profit, encouraged by good same-store sales....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has reported higher second-quarter net income, driven by strong sales, product innovations, and new store openings....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc says it aims to open approximately 46 new stores during the second half of financial 2005, including at least 25 stores in the third quarter....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' June sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Leading men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has promoted two divisional vice presidents in its store operations team to the positions of vice president, stores....
Apparel retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has promoted two merchandising and sourcing executives to the titles of vice president - general merchandising manager and senior vice president of inventory ...
Men's wear retailer JoS A Bank Clothiers Inc has reported first-quarter income growth after a continued improvement in gross margins and a 4.1 per cent increase in same-store sales....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack