US: Jos A Bank rejects Men's Wearhouse improved offer
The retailer last week submitted a cash tender offer for all outstanding shares of Jos A Bank of US$63.50 per share, up from its previous offer of $57.50 per share.
Jos A Bank, however said it was "unanimously" rejecting the offer as "inadequate", but said it would be willing to meet with Men's Wearhouse to "establish a process that will enable you to advise our board as to the highest price you are prepared to pay in an acquisition of Jos A Bank".
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- US Q1 in brief: VF Corp, Carter's, Skechers
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"