US: Jos A Bank seeks acquisitions to drive growth
Men's wear retailer Jos A Bank has revealed that it is considering strategic opportunities, including potential acquisitions, to boost further growth.
The group, which operates 607 stores, plans to retain capital not needed for operations to fund potential deals and is being assisted by investment banking firm Financo.
Jos A Bank said it has been and will continue to selectively seek potential acquisitions that are strategically sound and accretive in the long run. No timetable has been set for any acquisition.
Lead independent director Andrew Giordano said: "Our pursuit of strategic opportunities is part of our philosophy of long-term planning and decision-making."
The news comes after the company said its full-year sales exceeded $1bn. The group plans to continue the growth of its core businesses through internal initiatives, which include opening stores and improving its websites.
Apparel retailer and hire merchant Men's Wearhouse suffered a decline in third quarter profit, hit by expected margin declines in tuxedos....
Apparel Retail in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains ...
Men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has today (5 December) reported a slight increase in third-quarter net profit, helped by higher sales. ...
In 2012, international mass and high street apparel brands continuously expanded their business operations in Taiwan by increasing outlet coverage. Hang Ten, Giordano, Zara and Uniqlo are focusing on ...
Takover target Men's Wearhouse has turned the tables on rival Jos A Bank Clothiers by offering to acquire the men's apparel business....
Men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has dropped its US$2.3bn acquisition offer for rival Men's Wearhouse, but said it still believes a transaction would be in the best interest of...
Apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse will reconsider a previously rejected takeover bid from rival Jos A Bank Clothiers, according to one of its shareholders....
Takeover target Men's Wearhouse has rejected a request from rival Jos A Bank to allow limited due diligence on its business in return for a potentially higher acquisition bid....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details