US: Jos A Bank seeks acquisitions to drive growth
Men's wear retailer Jos A Bank has revealed that it is considering strategic opportunities, including potential acquisitions, to boost further growth.
The group, which operates 607 stores, plans to retain capital not needed for operations to fund potential deals and is being assisted by investment banking firm Financo.
Jos A Bank said it has been and will continue to selectively seek potential acquisitions that are strategically sound and accretive in the long run. No timetable has been set for any acquisition.
Lead independent director Andrew Giordano said: "Our pursuit of strategic opportunities is part of our philosophy of long-term planning and decision-making."
The news comes after the company said its full-year sales exceeded $1bn. The group plans to continue the growth of its core businesses through internal initiatives, which include opening stores and improving its websites.
Apparel retailer and hire merchant Men's Wearhouse suffered a decline in third quarter profit, hit by expected margin declines in tuxedos....
In 2012, international mass and high street apparel brands continuously expanded their business operations in Taiwan by increasing outlet coverage. Hang Ten, Giordano, Zara and Uniqlo are focusing on ...
Men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has today (5 December) reported a slight increase in third-quarter net profit, helped by higher sales. ...
Takover target Men's Wearhouse has turned the tables on rival Jos A Bank Clothiers by offering to acquire the men's apparel business....
Men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has dropped its US$2.3bn acquisition offer for rival Men's Wearhouse, but said it still believes a transaction would be in the best interest of...
Apparel retailer Men's Wearhouse will reconsider a previously rejected takeover bid from rival Jos A Bank Clothiers, according to one of its shareholders....
Takeover target Men's Wearhouse has rejected a request from rival Jos A Bank to allow limited due diligence on its business in return for a potentially higher acquisition bid....
US men's wear retailer Jos A Bank Clothiers has revealed it is willing to consider raising its rejected US$2.3bn bid for rival business Men's Wearhouse....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019