US: Jos A Bank stands firm on Men's Wearhouse bid
In response to an improved bid by Men's Wearhouse last week, Jos A Bank published an open letter stating that the offer substantially undervalues the company.
On Thursday (30 January), Men's Wearhouse CEO Douglas Ewert reiterated that it had submitted a "compelling" all-cash offer to acquire the company for US$57.50 per share. This was lifted in December from its November offer of $55.
Jos A Bank, however, has continued to reject all offers by the firm, claiming they are "inadequate" from a financial point of view and "not in the best interest" of its stockholders.
"We see no benefit in commencing negotiations with Men's Wearhouse," the company said in its letter at the weekend.
The rejection of the offer last month is the latest move in a long-running battle between the two retailers.
The letter is also published amid reports Jos A Bank is in talks to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital, according to Reuters.
Details of the talks were not revealed and Jos A Bank could not be reached for comment at the time of going to press.
Eddie Bauer LLC - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects