US: Jos A Bank stands firm on Men's Wearhouse bid
In response to an improved bid by Men's Wearhouse last week, Jos A Bank published an open letter stating that the offer substantially undervalues the company.
On Thursday (30 January), Men's Wearhouse CEO Douglas Ewert reiterated that it had submitted a "compelling" all-cash offer to acquire the company for US$57.50 per share. This was lifted in December from its November offer of $55.
Jos A Bank, however, has continued to reject all offers by the firm, claiming they are "inadequate" from a financial point of view and "not in the best interest" of its stockholders.
"We see no benefit in commencing negotiations with Men's Wearhouse," the company said in its letter at the weekend.
The rejection of the offer last month is the latest move in a long-running battle between the two retailers.
The letter is also published amid reports Jos A Bank is in talks to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital, according to Reuters.
Details of the talks were not revealed and Jos A Bank could not be reached for comment at the time of going to press.
Eddie Bauer LLC - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- TPP trade deal remains elusive but tantalising
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019