US: Jos A Bank stands firm on Men's Wearhouse bid
In response to an improved bid by Men's Wearhouse last week, Jos A Bank published an open letter stating that the offer substantially undervalues the company.
On Thursday (30 January), Men's Wearhouse CEO Douglas Ewert reiterated that it had submitted a "compelling" all-cash offer to acquire the company for US$57.50 per share. This was lifted in December from its November offer of $55.
Jos A Bank, however, has continued to reject all offers by the firm, claiming they are "inadequate" from a financial point of view and "not in the best interest" of its stockholders.
"We see no benefit in commencing negotiations with Men's Wearhouse," the company said in its letter at the weekend.
The rejection of the offer last month is the latest move in a long-running battle between the two retailers.
The letter is also published amid reports Jos A Bank is in talks to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital, according to Reuters.
Details of the talks were not revealed and Jos A Bank could not be reached for comment at the time of going to press.
Eddie Bauer LLC - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Formal clothing specialist Men's Wearhouse has been ordered to pay $42.6m in damages to a former licensee of its JA Apparel business....
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide