US: Jos A Bank stands firm on Men's Wearhouse bid
In response to an improved bid by Men's Wearhouse last week, Jos A Bank published an open letter stating that the offer substantially undervalues the company.
On Thursday (30 January), Men's Wearhouse CEO Douglas Ewert reiterated that it had submitted a "compelling" all-cash offer to acquire the company for US$57.50 per share. This was lifted in December from its November offer of $55.
Jos A Bank, however, has continued to reject all offers by the firm, claiming they are "inadequate" from a financial point of view and "not in the best interest" of its stockholders.
"We see no benefit in commencing negotiations with Men's Wearhouse," the company said in its letter at the weekend.
The rejection of the offer last month is the latest move in a long-running battle between the two retailers.
The letter is also published amid reports Jos A Bank is in talks to buy outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer from private equity firm Golden Gate Capital, according to Reuters.
Details of the talks were not revealed and Jos A Bank could not be reached for comment at the time of going to press.
The Global market review of Workwear which was first published by just-style in 2010 proved to be one of our best selling reports to date. Hardly surprising then, that there has been much anticipation...
Men's Wearhouse has closed its acquisition of US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers following a long-running battle by the firm to buy its rival....
US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has said it remains cautious heading into the crucial Father's Day period after suffering a gross margin decline in May and swinging to a lo...
Supply chain and operations specialist Jeff Streader has been named global chief operating officer (COO) of action sports and surfwear brand Billabong....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey