USA: Jos. A. Bank Website Takes Customers Into Account
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc (JOSB) announced the launch of its new, robust customer-friendly Internet site at www.josbank.com . The new site was activated on August 23. The "soft launch" of the new system of the past week has been successful and the company is initiating its promotion of the site this week. Robert N. Wildrick, CEO stated: "Our new site gives us a strategic edge over our competition and it supports our multi-channel growth strategy. The site is very scalable and can grow as our business grows. Our customer will be able to quickly search for menswear, place an order and receive instant confirmation that the inventory is available. If a customer requests expedited shipping, orders that are received before noon eastern time can usually be shipped out of our warehouse the same day." Jos. A. Bank initiated its Internet e-commerce business in 1998, capitalising on its existing store and catalogue base to reach new customers. Internet sales increased 269 per cent in the first half of fiscal 2000 and the company projects Internet sales to grow to over $30m by fiscal 2003. The company's strategy is to capitalise on the strength of the Jos. A. Bank name and reputation by offering its customers multiple convenient channels to purchase product, including its 110 retail stores, Internet site and catalog. The company operates its three channels of selling as an integrated business and believes the synergy between its stores, Internet site and catalogue offer an important convenience to its customers and a competitive advantage to the company. Jos. A. Bank Clothiers used three of the industry's leading e-commerce technology providers, InterWorld Corporation, CommercialWare, Inc and Arthur Andersen, LLP to implement its new site. The features of the new website include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts