US: Joseph Donnalley adds treasurer post at Jones Apparel
Joseph Donnalley, senior vice president of corporate taxation and risk management at Jones Apparel Group, has taken the additional post of treasurer.
The treasurer post has been vacant since Thimio Sotos resigned as CFO and treasurer of the company in March. Wesley Card, chief operating officer of Jones, reassumed the additional post of CFO at that time.
Donnalley has been with Jones for about 12 years.
"Joe's appointment to the treasurer's position is a reflection of his excellent work and contributions over his long tenure with the company," Card said. "He will assume responsibility for treasury functions, including banking relationships, financing activities and other related special projects."
Numerous published reports have indicated that Jones is on the verge of selling its Barneys New York division to Dubai-based Istithmar, but Jones has repeatedly declined to comment on reports.
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite losing out in this summer's takeover battle for upscale retailer Barneys New York, Fast Retailing is determined to quicken the pace of its global expansion in a bid to double its annual sales ...
Fast Retailing, parent company of clothing retailer Uniqlo, is still targeting an acquisition in the US to build a platform for the company's international business....
Jones Apparel Group has seen its third quarter profit soar five-fold, helped by the sale of its Barneys New York unit last month....
US fashion group Jones Apparel is planning to close down its distribution operations in Berkeley County, South Carolina, where nearly 300 people currently work....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar