USA: JPS Industries Sells Off Textile Division, Announces Q4 Results
JPS Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: JPST ) today announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended October 28, 2000. For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000, JPS reported a net loss of $45.9m, or $4.66 per diluted share. The fourth quarter results include a $47.4m loss, net of taxes, on the sale of the company's apparel division on November 17, 2000, that was previously announced. This compares with net income of $1.5m, or $0.15 per share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 1999. Net sales from continuing operations for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 rose to $48m compared with sales of $41.7m in the same quarter of fiscal 1999. Excluding the effect of the apparel division sale, income from continuing operations increased more than three-fold as sales increased 15 per cent. EBITDA from continuing operations, a measure of operating cash flow, increased 35 per cent to $6m, or 12.4 per cent of sales, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 compared with $4.4m, or 10.6 per cent of sales, in the prior-year period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack