USA: JPS Industries Sells Off Textile Division, Announces Q4 Results
JPS Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: JPST ) today announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended October 28, 2000. For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000, JPS reported a net loss of $45.9m, or $4.66 per diluted share. The fourth quarter results include a $47.4m loss, net of taxes, on the sale of the company's apparel division on November 17, 2000, that was previously announced. This compares with net income of $1.5m, or $0.15 per share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 1999. Net sales from continuing operations for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 rose to $48m compared with sales of $41.7m in the same quarter of fiscal 1999. Excluding the effect of the apparel division sale, income from continuing operations increased more than three-fold as sales increased 15 per cent. EBITDA from continuing operations, a measure of operating cash flow, increased 35 per cent to $6m, or 12.4 per cent of sales, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 compared with $4.4m, or 10.6 per cent of sales, in the prior-year period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022