FRANCE: Judge To Rule On YSL Haute Couture Row
A judge will decide on Monday (June 18) whether to block the sale of the Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture to French dressmaking firm SLPB Prestige in the second legal wrangle over the future of the world-famous operation. Up to 150 seamstresses from the world-famous dressmaking workshop have asked a civil court to stop the deal as they are angry their team will be broken up and they will become sub-contractors for other fashion designers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores