ITALY: Julio Espada Appointed Artistic Director Of Emilio Pucci
Julio Espada has been appointed artistic director of Emilio Pucci, the Florentine fashion house.The arrival of Julio Espada reflects the goal of the Pucci family and LVMH - which acquired 67 per cent of the company in February 2000 - to boost the development of the Pucci brand. Dynamic efforts will be focused on strengthening Pucci's identity, renewing it's image and profile in ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories.Pucci is also launching a network of international boutiques. In Milan, a Pucci shop opened during the recent fashion week with a new, more contemporary image. Boutique openings are also scheduled in St Moritz and Palm Beach next month.The Pucci label will soon be available on E-luxury, a website operating initially in the United States."Emilio Pucci has a very specific identity, relating to fashion and accessories as well as to graphic art. We believe that Julio Espada, being an experienced and eccentric fashion designer as well as a painter and sculptor, is the right person for us", said Catherine Vautrin, CEO of Emilio Pucci.Julio Espada said he was "very happy to be taking on artistic direction of Emilio Pucci, an icon Brand with considerable potential for development in areas as varied as ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories. Ushering Pucci into the twenty-first century and transforming nostalgia into innovation is a wonderful challenge."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022