USA: July Results From Shoe Carnival
Shoe Carnival, Inc (Nasdaq: SCVL), a leading retailer of value-priced footwear and accessories, today reported sales for the four-week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 21.7 per cent to $29.5m from sales of $24.2m for the four-week period ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales increased 1.8 per cent in July 2000.Sales for the 13-week second quarter increased 14.9 per cent to $95.6m from sales of $83.2m for the 13-week quarter ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales decreased 2.1 per cent for the 13-week period.Sales for the first six months of 2000 increased 18.4 per cent to $191m from sales of $161.3m for the first six months of 1999. Comparable store sales decreased by 0.4 per cent for the 26-week period.The company also announced the opening of three stores in July, including locations in Jackson, MS; Lake Charles, LA; and Greenville, SC. This brings the total stores opened in the first half of 2000 to 16.Shoe Carnival is a chain of 155 footwear stores located in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Combining value pricing with an entertaining store format, Shoe Carnival is a leading retailer of name brand and private label footwear for the entire family. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Shoe Carnival trades on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol SCVL. Shoe Carnival's press releases and annual report are available on the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack