USA: July Results From Shoe Carnival
Shoe Carnival, Inc (Nasdaq: SCVL), a leading retailer of value-priced footwear and accessories, today reported sales for the four-week period ended July 29, 2000 increased 21.7 per cent to $29.5m from sales of $24.2m for the four-week period ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales increased 1.8 per cent in July 2000.Sales for the 13-week second quarter increased 14.9 per cent to $95.6m from sales of $83.2m for the 13-week quarter ended July 31, 1999. Comparable store sales decreased 2.1 per cent for the 13-week period.Sales for the first six months of 2000 increased 18.4 per cent to $191m from sales of $161.3m for the first six months of 1999. Comparable store sales decreased by 0.4 per cent for the 26-week period.The company also announced the opening of three stores in July, including locations in Jackson, MS; Lake Charles, LA; and Greenville, SC. This brings the total stores opened in the first half of 2000 to 16.Shoe Carnival is a chain of 155 footwear stores located in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Combining value pricing with an entertaining store format, Shoe Carnival is a leading retailer of name brand and private label footwear for the entire family. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Shoe Carnival trades on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol SCVL. Shoe Carnival's press releases and annual report are available on the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020