UK: July Sales Soar In Sunny Weather
Retailers in July continued to bask in sunny weather as sales grew but they are remaining cautious, fearing storms could be on their way, according to latest figures. The British Retail Consortium-KPMG retail sales monitor for July showed growth in like-for-like sales of 6.1 per cent up from 5.6 per cent in June and total sales up to 8.4 per cent from 7.8 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"