USA: Juniper To Buy Luxury Golf Shoe Maker Tags
Upscale Italian golf shoe and casual footwear producer Tags Golf Inc is set to be acquired by holding company Juniper Group Inc which has agreed to buy an 80 per cent stake for an undisclosed sum, it was revealed on Tuesday.
Tags distributes its men's golf and casual line under the Bobby Jones label through a licensing deal with Hartmarx.
Its golf shoes are sold in more than 800 country clubs, resorts and upscale retail stores around the world and it enjoyed sales of around $1.5 million last year.
In a statement, Juniper said Tags founder Robert Georgio will join it as president of Juniper Sports Inc.
Juniper chairman, CEO and president, Vlado Hreljanovic, said the planned acquisition would give Tags the "opportunity to expand its production and distribution through major new licensing agreements".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective