UK: just-style to launch new buyers' guide to PLM
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion and textile industry is being launched by just-style in the New Year.
The just-style PLM hub will provide executives and decision makers in the apparel industry with information including an introduction to PLM, news and announcements, vendor white papers and interviews.
The free-to-view service, which will go live during the first week of January, will also post company profiles and a complete vendor directory.
PLM software enables fashion firms to manage rapid response times, constant order changes and short product lifecycles across complex global supply chains.
Leading apparel and footwear companies know that managing their product supply chain with the right PLM solution is particularly crucial given the current global economic slowdown.
Indeed, the flow of new fashions to entice consumers into stores, boosting full price sales, and keeping smaller inventories gives them a competitive edge at a time when they need it most.
John Squire, vice president of marketing for Dassault Systèmes' Enovia brand said: "just-style's hub is an ideal platform for Dassault to drive global brand awareness and expand our leadership position in the market for retail, footwear and apparel PLM solutions."
Matthew Austin from PTC said: "PTC is at the forefront of PLM software solutions. just-style is a leader in providing business information. So, by being a gold sponsor of this innovative buyers guide, PTC is able to continue building relationships within the global apparel industry."
Register to be notified as soon as the Buyers' Guide to PLM Software is launched.
Troubled economic times are forcing apparel retailers, brands and manufacturers to re-evaluate their investments in technology, according to exhibitors at last week's IMB - World of Textile Processing...
Despite taking place against a gloomy economic backdrop, the IMB - World of Textile Processing trade show in Cologne last week certainly didn't disappoint when it came to new products and innovations....
In just under a week's time the world's fourth largest trade fair venue will open its doors to IMB 2009. The last IMB event in 2006 welcomed some 25,000 visitors to view the latest in apparel and text...
A new partnership agreed today (11 June) between Gerber Technology and Geometric Limited should enable fashion and apparel firms to integrate Gerber's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software suite...
European PLM vendor Discover e-Solutions Limited (DeSL) is extending its focus to the United States after appointing New York-based Bluewater Software as its North American representative....
Compliance and testing management are among the key features included in New Generation Computing's (NGC) latest PLM and global sourcing software....
Apparel companies can extend the use of their Gerber Technology WebPDM product data management (PDM) software with a new tool that links to the Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) and sourcin...
A new module added to Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) and sourcing suite gives fashion firms visibility into product cost and gross margin information early in the product develo...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy