UK: just-style’s buyers’ guide to PLM is launched
A business information portal dedicated to PLM (product lifecycle management) software for the fashion, textile and footwear industries was launched today (15 January) by just-style.
The just-style PLM hub provides executives and decision makers in the apparel industry with information including an introduction to PLM, news and announcements, vendor white papers and interviews.
The free-to-view service also features company profiles and a complete vendor directory.
PLM software enables fashion firms to manage rapid response times, constant order changes and short product lifecycles across complex global supply chains.
Leading apparel and footwear companies know that managing their product supply chain with the right PLM solution is particularly crucial given the current global economic slowdown.
Indeed, the flow of new fashions to entice consumers into stores, boosting full price sales, and keeping smaller inventories gives them a competitive edge at a time when they need it most.
John Squire, vice president of marketing for Dassault Systèmes' Enovia brand said: "just-style's hub is an ideal platform for Dassault to drive global brand awareness and expand our leadership position in the market for retail, footwear and apparel PLM solutions."
Matthew Austin from PTC added: "PTC is at the forefront of PLM software solutions. just-style is a leader in providing business information. So, by being a gold sponsor of this innovative buyers guide, PTC is able to continue building relationships within the global apparel industry."
To view the latest PLM news and white papers, to find out more about PLM companies and to sign up for the monthly newsletter click here.
In just under a week's time the world's fourth largest trade fair venue will open its doors to IMB 2009. The last IMB event in 2006 welcomed some 25,000 visitors to view the latest in apparel and text...
Chinese sportswear manufacturer and distributor Xtep (Group) Co Ltd has updated its product lifecycle management (PLM) system to boost collaboration within its global supply chain....
CAD/CAM supplier Gerber Technology "is not being considered for sale," its parent company said today (7 July), hitting back at media reports that suggested the unit might be offloaded in a bid to rais...
Surfwear company Billabong has chosen NGC (New Generation Computing) to provide software solutions for its PLM and global sourcing activities....
Italian holding company Eldo Srl is hoping to speed the introduction of new clothing lines under its Freesoul denim fashion label by turning to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to manage its design ...
Leading Chinese sporting goods provider Li Ning has invested in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help drive its corporate expansion and globalisation initiatives....
The latest release of Dassault Systèmes' Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform has been designed to connect apparel sourcing and production offices to brand and retail headquarters....
A new partnership agreed today (11 June) between Gerber Technology and Geometric Limited should enable fashion and apparel firms to integrate Gerber's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software suite...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020