just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing efforts to become a popular textile and clothing sourcing destination.
Ethiopia pushes on with textile and clothing expansion plan
A growing number of major retailers including H&M, Tesco and Primark are sourcing textiles and clothing from Ethiopia, as the country's industry undergoes a major expansion programme.
US: Delta Galil USA acquires LittleMissMatched brand
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio.
SRI LANKA: Apparel manufacturers face continuing challenges
The body representing Sri Lanka's clothing manufacturers says the sector continues to be challenged by the loss of trade preferences to the EU, labour shortages and cost of energy.
BANGLADESH: EU Ambassador calls for improved factory safety
The European Union (EU) has joined calls for improved factory safety in the ready-made garments sector in Bangladesh after a fire at Tazreen Fashion killed more than 110 people at the end of last month.
US: Nike commits to $150m expansion if bill passed
Sportswear giant Nike has revealed it will commit to an expansion of its operations in Oregon, which could lead to the creation of 500 jobs and $150m in capital investment over five years, if lawmakers approve new legislation.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Vestiditos is expected to continue to lead childrenswear with its Mimo & Co brand, opening new outlets and further strengthening consumers’ loyalty; they trust this brand due to decades of leadership....
The Rana Plaza factory disaster should be a wake-up call for everyone involved in the apparel industry - and the catalyst for real, systematic change in Bangladesh - the US Senate was told during a sp...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Specialty women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks has swung to a first-quarter profit thanks to higher sales and lower asset impairment charges....
Chief technology officer Kristen Blum has been named as the latest executive to leave struggling department store retailer JC Penney....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey