just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing efforts to become a popular textile and clothing sourcing destination.
Ethiopia pushes on with textile and clothing expansion plan
A growing number of major retailers including H&M, Tesco and Primark are sourcing textiles and clothing from Ethiopia, as the country's industry undergoes a major expansion programme.
US: Delta Galil USA acquires LittleMissMatched brand
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio.
SRI LANKA: Apparel manufacturers face continuing challenges
The body representing Sri Lanka's clothing manufacturers says the sector continues to be challenged by the loss of trade preferences to the EU, labour shortages and cost of energy.
BANGLADESH: EU Ambassador calls for improved factory safety
The European Union (EU) has joined calls for improved factory safety in the ready-made garments sector in Bangladesh after a fire at Tazreen Fashion killed more than 110 people at the end of last month.
US: Nike commits to $150m expansion if bill passed
Sportswear giant Nike has revealed it will commit to an expansion of its operations in Oregon, which could lead to the creation of 500 jobs and $150m in capital investment over five years, if lawmakers approve new legislation.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster should be a wake-up call for everyone involved in the apparel industry - and the catalyst for real, systematic change in Bangladesh - the US Senate was told during a sp...
Specialty women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks has swung to a first-quarter profit thanks to higher sales and lower asset impairment charges....
Chief technology officer Kristen Blum has been named as the latest executive to leave struggling department store retailer JC Penney....
Spending on luxury apparel around the world is recovering, but will continue to lag behind leather goods and other accessories in growth terms, according to a new report....
Retail giant Tesco suffered mixed fortunes in its first quarter, with like-for-like sales in the UK falling despite a strong performance from clothing....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry