just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include UK retail administrations jumping 6% in 2012, US Congress avoiding the "fiscal cliff", and TJX Companies acquisition of Sierra Trading Post.
UK: Retail administrations up 6% year-on-year
The number of UK retailers collapsing into administration jumped 6% in 2012 and this figure could increase further in the year ahead, according to business advisory firm Deloitte.
US: Congress avoids fiscal cliff
The US Congress has reached an agreement with the White House to avoid the "fiscal cliff", a combination of tax increases and across-the-board spending cuts set to come into effect from the beginning of January, which were threatening to push the country into recession.
US: TJX acquires Sierra Trading Post for $200m
Off-price retail group The TJX Companies has acquired online outdoor clothing, footwear and accessories retailer Sierra Trading Post as part of efforts to build its online capabilities.
INDONESIA: Textile exports to target ASEAN in 2013
The Indonesian Textile Association (API) has said it will be trying to increase export sales for its members in other ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) member countries in 2013, amidst declining European Union (EU) and US demand.
Off-price retailer The TJX Companies expects full-year earnings per share to be at the upper end of its previous guidance after first-quarter profit rose 8%....
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years