just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chemicals from its global supply chain by 2020.
SINGAPORE: Luen Thai to buy Ocean Sky apparel ops for $55m
The apparel operations of Singapore-based Ocean Sky are set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings (LTHL) for US$55m.
US: Russell Brands to cut 190 jobs in restructuring
US sportswear manufacturer Russell Brands today (7 January) said it plans to lay off 190 workers as it looks to restructure its apparel decoration operations in Alexander City, Alabama.
JAPAN: Fast Retailing to phase out hazardous chemicals
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain and Asia's biggest global fashion brand, is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020.
US: TradeCard and GT Nexus to merge global networks
TradeCard is to merge with logistics and transportation specialist GT Nexus in a deal set to create the world's biggest cloud-based business network for global trade and supply chain management.
BANGLADESH: Fuel price hike hits apparel industry
A hike in the price of fuel will hurt production and transportation costs in Bangladesh's clothing sector and affect its competitiveness, manufacturers have warned.
Menswear in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Menswear in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptio...
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Apparel Retail in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects