just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chemicals from its global supply chain by 2020.
SINGAPORE: Luen Thai to buy Ocean Sky apparel ops for $55m
The apparel operations of Singapore-based Ocean Sky are set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings (LTHL) for US$55m.
US: Russell Brands to cut 190 jobs in restructuring
US sportswear manufacturer Russell Brands today (7 January) said it plans to lay off 190 workers as it looks to restructure its apparel decoration operations in Alexander City, Alabama.
JAPAN: Fast Retailing to phase out hazardous chemicals
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain and Asia's biggest global fashion brand, is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020.
US: TradeCard and GT Nexus to merge global networks
TradeCard is to merge with logistics and transportation specialist GT Nexus in a deal set to create the world's biggest cloud-based business network for global trade and supply chain management.
BANGLADESH: Fuel price hike hits apparel industry
A hike in the price of fuel will hurt production and transportation costs in Bangladesh's clothing sector and affect its competitiveness, manufacturers have warned.
Apparel Retail in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
Apparel Retail in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- VF Corp ups guidance as Q3 earnings climb
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam