just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chemicals from its global supply chain by 2020.
SINGAPORE: Luen Thai to buy Ocean Sky apparel ops for $55m
The apparel operations of Singapore-based Ocean Sky are set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings (LTHL) for US$55m.
US: Russell Brands to cut 190 jobs in restructuring
US sportswear manufacturer Russell Brands today (7 January) said it plans to lay off 190 workers as it looks to restructure its apparel decoration operations in Alexander City, Alabama.
JAPAN: Fast Retailing to phase out hazardous chemicals
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain and Asia's biggest global fashion brand, is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020.
US: TradeCard and GT Nexus to merge global networks
TradeCard is to merge with logistics and transportation specialist GT Nexus in a deal set to create the world's biggest cloud-based business network for global trade and supply chain management.
BANGLADESH: Fuel price hike hits apparel industry
A hike in the price of fuel will hurt production and transportation costs in Bangladesh's clothing sector and affect its competitiveness, manufacturers have warned.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include worker shortages holding clothing exports back in Laos, President Obama suspending US trade preferences for Bangladesh, and a comment on prospects...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019