just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Limited Brands commiting to removing toxic chemical discharges from its supply chain, the European Parliament calling for better factory health and safety measures in Bangladesh, and Uniqlo strengthening its US team with the appointment of a COO.
US: Limited Brands makes toxic-free fashion pledge
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply chain and across all products by 2020.
BANGLADESH: EU calls for better factory health and safety
The European Parliament has asked Bangladeshi authorities to put in place health and safety measures to prevent a recurrence of the clothing factory fire last year that saw more than 111 people lose their lives.
US: Uniqlo strengthens US team with COO appointment
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has appointed former Forever 21 executive vice president Lawrence Meyer as chief operating officer of its US division.
Comment: Crossing the line on ethical behaviour
The fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory in Bangladesh last November was the result of at least one customer's decision that providing minimal working conditions and subsistence wages are not cost-effective. The challenge, now, is to find a solution, says David Birnbaum.
PVH Corp outlines growth opportunities
Apparel company PVH Corp has outlined further growth opportunities for its Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein apparel businesses following its acquisition of The Warnaco Group last year.
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Former Marks & Spencer lingerie director Janie Schaffer is reportedly seeking more than GBP1m (US$1.4m) in compensation from the UK retailer....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015