just-style's most read stories this week...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at apparel software trends, concerns that a recent surge in cotton prices is due to China building its reserves, and PVH's surprise that integration of Warnaco will cost more than initially expected.
Apparel software trends: Supply chain challenges
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashion cycles, along with pressure on retailers to adapt to an omni-channel experience, are also throwing up challenges when it comes to flexibility in global sourcing.
GLOBAL: Cotton price surge could be due to China building reserves
A recent surge in cotton prices could be due to concerns about a tightening supply-demand balance outside of China as China continues to build reserves, according to the International Cotton Advisory Council (ICAC).
In the money: PVH surprised by Warnaco lack of investment
Warnaco buyer PVH has expressed surprise at the lack of investment in operating platforms following its acquisition of the company.
US: Three textile trade associations merge
Three US textile trade associations are set to merge into one industry trade association, which will bring the majority of the US textile industry under one voice in Washington policy circles.
AUSTRALIA: Billabong halts trading as takeover talks continue
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has halted trading in its shares while negotiations continue with its two suitors.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
PVH Corp says it is on track with the integration of the Warnaco business it bought earlier this year, despite the fact acquisition costs pushed the apparel giant to a second-quarter loss....
Troubled Australian surfwear brand Billabong is attempting to move beyond recent turbulence and onto its turnaround plans, but uncertainty still remains....
PVH is restructuring the Australasian operations for its Calvin Klein brand, signing a new 20-year licensing agreement with local company Gazal Corporation....
Details of nearly 1,600 Bangladesh factories used by more than 90 leading fashion retailers and brands have been released today (3 October) as part of a commitment to improve safety and transparency i...
Apparel giant PVH Corp is to sell its GH Bass & Co footwear brand to clothing maker G-III Apparel Group in a deal worth $50m, as it focuses on its designer lifestyle businesses like Calvin Klein and T...
Apparel giant PVH Europe has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution for all Tommy Hilfiger Europe product divisions - and plans to extend this to its Calvin Klein Euro...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing