just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include brands hitting back at the stance by the Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) on factory audits, the decision to extend Better Work into Bangladesh, and Skechers introducing glow-in-the-dark running shoes.
CAMBODIA: Brands concerned at association's audit stance
A group of major brands that source garments from Cambodia - including Gap, H&M, Levi Strauss, Nike and Puma - have raised their concerns at attempts by local manufacturers to "undermine" plans to publicly disclose details of factory audits.
US: Skechers unveils glow-in-the-dark running shoes
Footwear giant Skechers has launched a new limited-release range of glow-in-the-dark running shoes that use photoluminescent technology.
BANGLADESH: New $24m package includes Better Work scheme
The Better Work programme was today given the go-ahead to begin in Bangladesh, as part of a wider US$24.21m package aimed at improving working conditions in country's ready-made garment sector.
In the money: VF Corp buoyant about long-term growth
After booking a 13.8% hike in third-quarter profit, boosted by strong sales in its outdoor & action sports and jeanswear businesses, it's not surprising that executives at apparel giant VF Corporation are in buoyant mood.
EUROPE: Canada trade deal to benefit EU apparel exporters
The recently agreed free trade agreement between Canada and the European Union (EU) could spark a major increase in European apparel exports to Canada.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of...
Finnish apparel and homeware business Marimekko has poached H&M executive Anna Teurnell as its new creative director, with responsibility for leading its design strategy....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack