just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how innovations boosted Under Armour's third-quarter results, Camobodia fights to maintain its competitive outsourcing edge, and pressure mounts on Bangladesh to accelerate its reform of the country's garment industry.
In the money: Innovations continue to lift Under Armour
"Our consumer moves quickly, and fortunately so does Under Armour," the company's CEO Kevin Plank told analysts last week. The performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has shown that constantly evolving really does pay off, especially with its latest set of results.
Cambodia fights to maintain competitive outsourcing edge
Cambodia's garment industry has long had a cost advantage over its competitors: paying some of the lowest wages in the world. But the country is currently fighting to maintain its competitive outsourcing edge while tackling a range of labour problems.
Bangladesh garment industry at a critical crossroads
Following the fall-out from the Rana Plaza building collapse and the Tazreen Fashion factory fire, pressure is on Bangladesh to accelerate its reform of the country's rapidly growing garment industry.
US: Manufacturers welcome reintroduction of textile act
The reintroduction by the US of its Textile Enforcement and Security Act (TESA) has been applauded by the country's National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO).
UK: Footwear retailers buck October sales slowdown
Footwear retailers were among the strongest performers in October, according to figures released today (28 October), while overall UK retail sales were flat during the month.
Companies: Under Armour Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In less than a week's time, senior sourcing executives from Marks & Spencer, Puma, Esprit, Perry Ellis, Under Armour, VF Asia, Luen Thai Holdings, Crystal Group and TAL Apparel will be sharing their v...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective