just-style's most-read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the first rise in same-store sales at JC Penney for almost two years, plans to increase the minimum wage for garment workers in Bangladesh, and a court ruling to limit the use of nanosilver in textiles.
US: JC Penney sales rise for first time in two years
Struggling US department store retailer JC Penney Company may be seeing the first signs of an uptick in its fortunes, after same-store sales edged up 0.9 % in October - the first rise in almost two years.
BANGLADESH: Garment worker wages set to rise 77%
The minimum wage for millions of garment workers in Bangladesh is set to rise to about $68 a month - an increase of 77% on current pay but well below the level that workers have been seeking.
BANGLADESH: Factories threaten shutdown over wage plans
Bangladesh's apparel manufacturers have reacted angrily to plans announced this week to raise the minimum wage for millions of garment workers by 77%.
US: Court ruling could limit nanosilver in textiles
A court ruling aims to limit public exposure to antimicrobial nanosilver used in clothing and other textiles.
CANADA: Lululemon faces fresh quality complaints
Canadian sportswear brand Lululemon Athletica is facing fresh complaints about the quality of its products, eight months after it was forced to pull a line of black Luon trousers from its stores after the fabric was found to be see-through.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts