just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a call from the Philippine garment industry for accelerated trade benefits following Typhoon Haiyan, progress on trade deals with the US, and a wage rise for garment workers in Bangladesh.
PHILIPPINES: Seeks accelerated trade benefits following typhoon
The Philippine garment industry is hoping for accelerated beneficial trade access to the European Union (EU) and United States (US) in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan, which struck the country on Sunday (10 November).
Trade deals move ahead in changing US apparel industry
Hot topics under discussion at the annual meeting of the rebranded United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) included major trade negotiations, and the changing concerns of the US apparel industry.
BANGLADESH: Garment worker wages to rise from December
The new minimum monthly wage for garment factory workers in Bangladesh will come into effect from 1 December this year - with the basic salary also set to rise by 5% each year.
BANGLADESH: Hundreds of garment factories shut in wage clash
More than 200 apparel factories in Bangladesh were shut today (12 November) amid on-going protests by ready-made garment (RMG) workers over the latest wage proposal.
UPDATE: CAMBODIA: ILO calls for protection of union leaders
The International Labour Organization (ILO) has urged authorities in Cambodia to protect trade union leaders following a clash between striking garment workers and armed forces earlier this week, where a woman was killed.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022