just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at M&S's latest trading update, the end of a strike by garment workers in Cambodia, and a new factory and worker safety business unit set up by Li & Fung.
In the money: Marks & Spencer moving in the "right direction"
Marks & Spencer's general merchandise sales continued to fall in the third quarter. But according to chief executive Mark Bolland, the UK retailer and its efforts to turn around its women's wear business are moving in the right direction.
UPDATE: CAMBODIA: Garment worker strike comes to an end
A two-week long strike in Cambodia's garment sector has finally come to an end after escalating violence against protestors last week led to the deaths of at least four people.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung sets up factory and worker safety unit
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has reorganised its factory support services into a new business unit that will focus more intensely on improving factory and worker safety in the garment industry.
CHINA: Luthai Textile eyes expansion with New York office
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile is to open an office in New York as part of the firm's ambitions to grow its global business.
Manufacturing enjoys positive end to 2013
Global manufacturing was boosted by some relatively robust figures at the end of 2013, with December output among the major garment-making powerhouses of Asia continuing to grow.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glo...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
As more Chinese fashion companies are shifting their focus from export markets to domestic consumers, many are investing in powerful, sophisticated management software to meet the fast changing appare...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey