just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at M&S's latest trading update, the end of a strike by garment workers in Cambodia, and a new factory and worker safety business unit set up by Li & Fung.
In the money: Marks & Spencer moving in the "right direction"
Marks & Spencer's general merchandise sales continued to fall in the third quarter. But according to chief executive Mark Bolland, the UK retailer and its efforts to turn around its women's wear business are moving in the right direction.
UPDATE: CAMBODIA: Garment worker strike comes to an end
A two-week long strike in Cambodia's garment sector has finally come to an end after escalating violence against protestors last week led to the deaths of at least four people.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung sets up factory and worker safety unit
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has reorganised its factory support services into a new business unit that will focus more intensely on improving factory and worker safety in the garment industry.
CHINA: Luthai Textile eyes expansion with New York office
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile is to open an office in New York as part of the firm's ambitions to grow its global business.
Manufacturing enjoys positive end to 2013
Global manufacturing was boosted by some relatively robust figures at the end of 2013, with December output among the major garment-making powerhouses of Asia continuing to grow.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
This report contains vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key findings: Textile Mills, F...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020