just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at M&S's latest trading update, the end of a strike by garment workers in Cambodia, and a new factory and worker safety business unit set up by Li & Fung.
In the money: Marks & Spencer moving in the "right direction"
Marks & Spencer's general merchandise sales continued to fall in the third quarter. But according to chief executive Mark Bolland, the UK retailer and its efforts to turn around its women's wear business are moving in the right direction.
UPDATE: CAMBODIA: Garment worker strike comes to an end
A two-week long strike in Cambodia's garment sector has finally come to an end after escalating violence against protestors last week led to the deaths of at least four people.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung sets up factory and worker safety unit
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has reorganised its factory support services into a new business unit that will focus more intensely on improving factory and worker safety in the garment industry.
CHINA: Luthai Textile eyes expansion with New York office
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile is to open an office in New York as part of the firm's ambitions to grow its global business.
Manufacturing enjoys positive end to 2013
Global manufacturing was boosted by some relatively robust figures at the end of 2013, with December output among the major garment-making powerhouses of Asia continuing to grow.
Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glo...
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects