just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at M&S's latest trading update, the end of a strike by garment workers in Cambodia, and a new factory and worker safety business unit set up by Li & Fung.
In the money: Marks & Spencer moving in the "right direction"
Marks & Spencer's general merchandise sales continued to fall in the third quarter. But according to chief executive Mark Bolland, the UK retailer and its efforts to turn around its women's wear business are moving in the right direction.
UPDATE: CAMBODIA: Garment worker strike comes to an end
A two-week long strike in Cambodia's garment sector has finally come to an end after escalating violence against protestors last week led to the deaths of at least four people.
HONG KONG: Li & Fung sets up factory and worker safety unit
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung has reorganised its factory support services into a new business unit that will focus more intensely on improving factory and worker safety in the garment industry.
CHINA: Luthai Textile eyes expansion with New York office
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile is to open an office in New York as part of the firm's ambitions to grow its global business.
Manufacturing enjoys positive end to 2013
Global manufacturing was boosted by some relatively robust figures at the end of 2013, with December output among the major garment-making powerhouses of Asia continuing to grow.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Swimwear and Beachwear both in Million Units and US$ Million by the following Product Categories: Men's Wear, Women's Wear, and Children's Wear. The rep...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015