just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at Asos Christmas retail sales, key apparel industry issues to watch this year, and the discovery of hazardous chemicals in children's wear and shoes made in China.
UK: Asos Christmas retail sales in 38% surge
Online fashion retailer Asos reported another robust sales surge in the last four months of 2013, with UK retail sales rises matching international revenue growth.
Outlook 2014: Three key shifts in the global garment industry
From the rise of the billion dollar transnational factory giants to the bursting of the Bangladesh bubble and the decline of the retail store, David Birnbaum offers his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2014.
CHINA: Hazardous chemicals found in children's wear
Potentially hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothes and shoes made by leading brands such as Burberry, Adidas and Disney, according to a new investigation.
Pakistan apparel sourcing project seeks partners
Pakistan's textile and garment sector is seen as one of the biggest beneficiaries of the country's accession to the European Union's GSP+ trade scheme. Help is at hand for buyers looking for a new source of potentially low-cost apparel.
Cambodia and Bangladesh count the cost of disruption
Cambodian garment factories are to sue over recent strikes, while those in Bangladesh are counting the cost of three months of political turmoil.
When it comes to other issues the apparel industry should be keeping a close eye on in the year ahead, compliance and factory safety, macroeconomic headwinds, trade legislation, and consumer confidenc...
Burberry Group plc (BRBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015