just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at Asos Christmas retail sales, key apparel industry issues to watch this year, and the discovery of hazardous chemicals in children's wear and shoes made in China.
UK: Asos Christmas retail sales in 38% surge
Online fashion retailer Asos reported another robust sales surge in the last four months of 2013, with UK retail sales rises matching international revenue growth.
Outlook 2014: Three key shifts in the global garment industry
From the rise of the billion dollar transnational factory giants to the bursting of the Bangladesh bubble and the decline of the retail store, David Birnbaum offers his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2014.
CHINA: Hazardous chemicals found in children's wear
Potentially hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothes and shoes made by leading brands such as Burberry, Adidas and Disney, according to a new investigation.
Pakistan apparel sourcing project seeks partners
Pakistan's textile and garment sector is seen as one of the biggest beneficiaries of the country's accession to the European Union's GSP+ trade scheme. Help is at hand for buyers looking for a new source of potentially low-cost apparel.
Cambodia and Bangladesh count the cost of disruption
Cambodian garment factories are to sue over recent strikes, while those in Bangladesh are counting the cost of three months of political turmoil.
Burberry Group plc (BRBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Freudenberg Far Eastern Spunweb Company says it is committing to increased transparency and openness through its decision to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy