just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an insight into waterless dyeing technology, the roll-out of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool at Crystal Group, and analyst opinion on Tesco's reported interest in Mothercare.
HONG KONG: Crystal Group rolls out Higg Index assessments
Four Chinese factories operated by the Crystal Group have been assessed against the latest version of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool for the apparel supply chain.
Spotlight on...Analysts surprised at Tesco interest in Mothercare
Reports surfaced over the weekend that UK retail giant Tesco weighed up a bid for Mothercare around six months ago. The claims seem to have taken industry observers by surprise given Tesco's focus on sweating its existing assets and improving capital discipline. Some believe it more likely that any potential tie-up would see the supermarket chain strike a deal to sell the baby goods in its stores.
Waterless dyeing garners mixed industry reaction
Pressure from environmental groups to reduce the vast volumes of water used in textile and garment dyeing has led to a number of developments in waterless dyeing technology. With Nike and Adidas among the first to adopt this new process, Michelle Russell asks whether waterless dyeing is the solution the textile industry has been waiting for?
US: New alliance to boost US-Africa apparel trade
A new alliance has been formed with the aim of expanding trade and investment in the cotton textile and apparel sectors between the United States and sub-Saharan Africa.
US: TPP environmental draft judged "toothless" by Wikileaks
A leaked secret draft shows the Environment Chapter of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a “toothless public relations exercise”, according to Wikileaks.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In his take on the key apparel industry issues to watch in 2015, David Birnbaum homes in on the problems facing those brands who have set their sights on developing markets in China and Russia; and a ...
2013 was marked by a strong investment by Nike in the Portuguese territory. Beyond the opening of important stores, Nike has been dedicated to increasing its penetration throughout a vigorous marketin...
Nike Turkiye AS endorses various sports, such as the Nike Run Istanbul and Nike Turkey Made by Movement campaigns in 2013. Nike used Nike Run Istanbul to get a non-running nation thinking and talking ...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis