just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an insight into waterless dyeing technology, the roll-out of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool at Crystal Group, and analyst opinion on Tesco's reported interest in Mothercare.
HONG KONG: Crystal Group rolls out Higg Index assessments
Four Chinese factories operated by the Crystal Group have been assessed against the latest version of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool for the apparel supply chain.
Spotlight on...Analysts surprised at Tesco interest in Mothercare
Reports surfaced over the weekend that UK retail giant Tesco weighed up a bid for Mothercare around six months ago. The claims seem to have taken industry observers by surprise given Tesco's focus on sweating its existing assets and improving capital discipline. Some believe it more likely that any potential tie-up would see the supermarket chain strike a deal to sell the baby goods in its stores.
Waterless dyeing garners mixed industry reaction
Pressure from environmental groups to reduce the vast volumes of water used in textile and garment dyeing has led to a number of developments in waterless dyeing technology. With Nike and Adidas among the first to adopt this new process, Michelle Russell asks whether waterless dyeing is the solution the textile industry has been waiting for?
US: New alliance to boost US-Africa apparel trade
A new alliance has been formed with the aim of expanding trade and investment in the cotton textile and apparel sectors between the United States and sub-Saharan Africa.
US: TPP environmental draft judged "toothless" by Wikileaks
A leaked secret draft shows the Environment Chapter of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a “toothless public relations exercise”, according to Wikileaks.
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
NIKE, Inc. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy