just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include an insight into waterless dyeing technology, the roll-out of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool at Crystal Group, and analyst opinion on Tesco's reported interest in Mothercare.
HONG KONG: Crystal Group rolls out Higg Index assessments
Four Chinese factories operated by the Crystal Group have been assessed against the latest version of the Higg Index sustainability measurement tool for the apparel supply chain.
Spotlight on...Analysts surprised at Tesco interest in Mothercare
Reports surfaced over the weekend that UK retail giant Tesco weighed up a bid for Mothercare around six months ago. The claims seem to have taken industry observers by surprise given Tesco's focus on sweating its existing assets and improving capital discipline. Some believe it more likely that any potential tie-up would see the supermarket chain strike a deal to sell the baby goods in its stores.
Waterless dyeing garners mixed industry reaction
Pressure from environmental groups to reduce the vast volumes of water used in textile and garment dyeing has led to a number of developments in waterless dyeing technology. With Nike and Adidas among the first to adopt this new process, Michelle Russell asks whether waterless dyeing is the solution the textile industry has been waiting for?
US: New alliance to boost US-Africa apparel trade
A new alliance has been formed with the aim of expanding trade and investment in the cotton textile and apparel sectors between the United States and sub-Saharan Africa.
US: TPP environmental draft judged "toothless" by Wikileaks
A leaked secret draft shows the Environment Chapter of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a “toothless public relations exercise”, according to Wikileaks.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
NIKE, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ......
Tesco Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining traction were boosted today (18 July) with the news that Tesco's F&F brand has inked a deal with Durham clothing manufacturer the AMA Group....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam