just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a profit warning from Mulberry, a comment on the myth of cheap labour in garment-making countries, and the launch of a reshoring scheme by the British government.
UK: Mulberry issues profit warning as sales dip
Luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has issued a profit warning on tough UK trading at Christmas and order cancellations in South Korea.
Comment: The cheap labour myth
Successful garment exporters are taking a more academic approach to sourcing product. Instead of moving to the latest cheap labour country, their strategy is to reduce overhead by increasing worker productivity, training, and capital investment in cutting edge machinery. David Birnbaum explains why.
UK: Looks to claw back production with Reshore scheme
The UK Government is hoping to claw back some of the production it has seen head overseas through the formation of a new advisory body.
GERMANY: New tool to track and manage apparel supply chains
A new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains is due to be launched this summer.
UK: M&S raids Inditex for international hires
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is hoping to boost its international business with the appointment of Inditex executive Maria Rodal as country manager for China.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is focused on developing its network of stores in Poland in 2013. In the coming years, the company’s further expansion is expected, primarily in shopping malls i...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble fourth-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
US textile and apparel manufacturing companies are calling on Congress to pass the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB), which they say would eliminate or reduce import duties on products not available in ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras