just-style's most read stories this week...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a profit warning from Mulberry, a comment on the myth of cheap labour in garment-making countries, and the launch of a reshoring scheme by the British government.
UK: Mulberry issues profit warning as sales dip
Luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has issued a profit warning on tough UK trading at Christmas and order cancellations in South Korea.
Comment: The cheap labour myth
Successful garment exporters are taking a more academic approach to sourcing product. Instead of moving to the latest cheap labour country, their strategy is to reduce overhead by increasing worker productivity, training, and capital investment in cutting edge machinery. David Birnbaum explains why.
UK: Looks to claw back production with Reshore scheme
The UK Government is hoping to claw back some of the production it has seen head overseas through the formation of a new advisory body.
GERMANY: New tool to track and manage apparel supply chains
A new online platform that will enable brands, retailers and manufacturers to track and manage the sustainability of their supply chains is due to be launched this summer.
UK: M&S raids Inditex for international hires
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is hoping to boost its international business with the appointment of Inditex executive Maria Rodal as country manager for China.
Inditex operates a limited presence in the US, but plans to continue expanding in major metropolitan areas in order to increase its brand visibility. Whilst the company is the largest apparel company ...
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is present in Colombia with its Zara, Bershka, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius brands. The company plans to continue expanding into major and medium-sized cities....
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble third-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide