just-style's most read stories this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
ITALY: Hazardous chemicals found in luxury goods
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands including Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
CAMBODIA: Unions call for mid-March strike
Cambodian labour unions are calling for a nationwide strike in mid-March, as disputes over garment industry wages and government crackdowns on protesters continue.
The Flanarant: Can you choose your productivity philosophy?
The pressure for higher wages and better working conditions looks unstoppable - and is being accompanied by a wave of new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while making these changes. But will they work? asks Mike Flanagan.
In the money: VF Corp outlines 2014 growth plans
Apparel giant VF Corporation has ended the year on a strong note after booking a 7% increase in fourth-quarter earnings, affirming its targets are on-track and setting out expansion plans for the next 12 months.
GHANA: Joins Cotton made in Africa scheme
Ghana is the latest country to sign up to the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative, whose sustainably grown cotton is purchased and processed by firms such as Puma, Tchibo, C&A and REWE.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy