just-style's most read stories this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
ITALY: Hazardous chemicals found in luxury goods
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands including Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
CAMBODIA: Unions call for mid-March strike
Cambodian labour unions are calling for a nationwide strike in mid-March, as disputes over garment industry wages and government crackdowns on protesters continue.
The Flanarant: Can you choose your productivity philosophy?
The pressure for higher wages and better working conditions looks unstoppable - and is being accompanied by a wave of new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while making these changes. But will they work? asks Mike Flanagan.
In the money: VF Corp outlines 2014 growth plans
Apparel giant VF Corporation has ended the year on a strong note after booking a 7% increase in fourth-quarter earnings, affirming its targets are on-track and setting out expansion plans for the next 12 months.
GHANA: Joins Cotton made in Africa scheme
Ghana is the latest country to sign up to the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative, whose sustainably grown cotton is purchased and processed by firms such as Puma, Tchibo, C&A and REWE.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
H&M Hennes & Mauritz Sverige AB is looking both for growth in its existing outlets as well as expanding its network in Sweden. Its focus will lie on maintaining its image of offering fashionable desig...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy