just-style's most read stories this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
ITALY: Hazardous chemicals found in luxury goods
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands including Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
CAMBODIA: Unions call for mid-March strike
Cambodian labour unions are calling for a nationwide strike in mid-March, as disputes over garment industry wages and government crackdowns on protesters continue.
The Flanarant: Can you choose your productivity philosophy?
The pressure for higher wages and better working conditions looks unstoppable - and is being accompanied by a wave of new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while making these changes. But will they work? asks Mike Flanagan.
In the money: VF Corp outlines 2014 growth plans
Apparel giant VF Corporation has ended the year on a strong note after booking a 7% increase in fourth-quarter earnings, affirming its targets are on-track and setting out expansion plans for the next 12 months.
GHANA: Joins Cotton made in Africa scheme
Ghana is the latest country to sign up to the Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative, whose sustainably grown cotton is purchased and processed by firms such as Puma, Tchibo, C&A and REWE.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
No other guide covers the complete retail picture like this exciting new volume. The global retail industry is in the midst of vast changes. Malls are being redesigned in the U.S., while new mall co...
The European Parliament has called for a "fresh start" to talks on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) following the election of a new Commission and US mid-term elections....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras