just-style's most read stories this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were hopes that Ethiopia will become a Chinese textile hub, the results of a survey that suggests Bangladesh garment workers see fire drills and safety training taking up too much time, and a list of China's top ten apparel brands.
ETHIOPIA: Hopes to become a Chinese textile hub
The Ethiopian Textile Industry Development Institute (ETIDI) says the call by Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome in January for Chinese clothing and textile companies to invest in his country is grounded in good sense.
BANGLADESH: Workers see safety offsetting output
Garment workers in Bangladesh not only lack basic knowledge on fire and building safety but also feel fire drills and safety training take too much time and increase pressure on them to reach production targets, a survey has found.
VIETNAM: Apparel firms invest $200m in production facilities
Two investment licenses have been granted by the Ho Chi Minh city Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority that will lead to the construction of two apparel complexes worth nearly $200m.
Names to watch: China's top ten apparel brands
Belle, Tata, Metersbonwe and Anta might not yet be familiar brands in the West, but according to new research they're the names to watch in the future.
Sourcing segmentation increasingly evident in Asia
The last few years have brought significant changes to the apparel sourcing landscape in Asia. The era of Chinese low-cost apparel manufacturing is a trend from the past, and several countries have stepped up to claim their part of the manufacturing pie.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts