just-style's most read stories this week...
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were hopes that Ethiopia will become a Chinese textile hub, the results of a survey that suggests Bangladesh garment workers see fire drills and safety training taking up too much time, and a list of China's top ten apparel brands.
ETHIOPIA: Hopes to become a Chinese textile hub
The Ethiopian Textile Industry Development Institute (ETIDI) says the call by Ethiopian President Mulatu Teshome in January for Chinese clothing and textile companies to invest in his country is grounded in good sense.
BANGLADESH: Workers see safety offsetting output
Garment workers in Bangladesh not only lack basic knowledge on fire and building safety but also feel fire drills and safety training take too much time and increase pressure on them to reach production targets, a survey has found.
VIETNAM: Apparel firms invest $200m in production facilities
Two investment licenses have been granted by the Ho Chi Minh city Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority that will lead to the construction of two apparel complexes worth nearly $200m.
Names to watch: China's top ten apparel brands
Belle, Tata, Metersbonwe and Anta might not yet be familiar brands in the West, but according to new research they're the names to watch in the future.
Sourcing segmentation increasingly evident in Asia
The last few years have brought significant changes to the apparel sourcing landscape in Asia. The era of Chinese low-cost apparel manufacturing is a trend from the past, and several countries have stepped up to claim their part of the manufacturing pie.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020