just-style's research roundup
Women's & girls' apparel manufacturing in the US is one report featured in this week's research roundup
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at specialist apparel and footwear retailers in Sweden, a profile of value fashion retailer Primark, and an overview of women's and girls' apparel manufacturing in the US.
- Apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Sweden
After a slow start with declining demand in early 2013, specialist apparel retailers in Sweden saw a recovery during the rest of the year, resulting in total current value sales growth of 1% over the previous year. However, the modest growth was a result of continuing caution among many consumers due to ongoing economic uncertainty. Many shoppers sought special prices and discount offers to cut costs, and only bought products which were necessary.
- Primark Stores Ltd in retailing (United Kingdom)
After a highly proactive start to 2013 with four new store openings, Primark spent the second half of the year consolidating on its strong position in apparel and footwear specialist retailers. The company is in the process of completing the expansion of its Manchester and Newcastle stores, which are set to comprise much of the increase expected in the retailer's selling space over the course of the year.
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
The demand for antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel has increased sharply since the mid-1990s, due to growing awareness among consumers of the importance of personal hygiene and the health risks posed by certain microorganisms. As a result, there is a new generation of antimicrobial products on the market, which offer protection against a broad spectrum of bacteria and can withstand up to 100 launderings. This report investigates.
- Profile of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle: a leading retailer of premium branded apparel in India
This report highlights the company's development, corporate structure, brands and products, joint ventures, and retail and distribution network. It also provides insight in the company's business strategy, markets, competition, challenges, research and development (R&D), corporate social responsibility (CSR) and financial performance, as well as an outlook for the future.
- Footwear (Asia) industry report
This footwear (Asia) analysis provides a detailed overview of the market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1,000 companies. These include An Lac Footwear Joint Stock Co (Alsimex), Asics Korea Co Ltd and Bata Shoe (Singapore) Private Ltd.
- Women's & girls' apparel manufacturing in the US - Industry market research report
The industry is experiencing contraction as most major manufacturers move production offshore to countries with cheaper labour costs. According to this report, significant import penetration will continue to impede revenue growth as consumers demand low-cost apparel. However, developed countries such as the UK and Japan will seek out high-quality American products, allowing industry exports to experience modest growth.
- Womenswear: Global industry almanac
The global womenswear industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information such as market size (value and volume, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players, including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Menswear: Global industry almanac
This report looks at how the market performed over the last five years and what the size of the global menswear market will be in 2017. It considers what factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global menswear market and how large the global menswear market is in relation to its regional counterparts.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
Plimsoll’s Footwear Retailers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Retailers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a writ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at Wal-Mart's plans to improve sales and market share, the launch of the the Fair Wear Foundation's new Living Wage Portal, and the first f...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020