just-style's research roundup
Myanmar - ISA country report is featured in this week's research roundup
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at prospects for the textile and clothing industry in Cambodia, an overview of the market for wearable technology, and a country report on Myanmar.
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
The demand for antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel has increased sharply since the mid-1990s, due to growing awareness among consumers of the importance of personal hygiene and the health risks posed by certain microorganisms. As a result, there is a new generation of antimicrobial products on the market, which offer protection against a broad spectrum of bacteria and can withstand up to 100 launderings. This report investigates the trend.
- Global database of the top women's footwear producers
This database of the top women's footwear producers in the world provides company names, financial performance, key executives, and contact details, offering the most up-to-date perspective on women's footwear producers in the world. The report includes details for nearly 1,000 women's footwear manufacturers.
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in Cambodia
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in Cambodia, its size and structure, and production and consumption. The report also features a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies, investment incentives and foreign investments; and an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Wearable technology 2014-2024: technologies, markets, forecasts
The huge wearable technology market is now entering a rapid growth phase. This report has examined leading indicators of future wearable technology sales such as relevant Google Trends, patent filings over the years, incidence of diabetes (treatment being a major sector of wearable technology already), cost reduction of the key enabling technologies, increase in functionality that is becoming possible, and initial sales of new smart wristwear such as the Samsung watch and fitness monitors. All show that very rapid growth is in prospect.
- Myanmar - ISA country report
This report contains detailed forecasts and analysis for Myanmar, including trade and investment analysis, economic forecasts, political risk assessments and demographic trend analysis. Each ISA country report contains detailed economic data and forecasts, analysis of trade and investment opportunities and coverage of the key political issues facing the country.
- Management briefing: Outlook 2014: Apparel industry issues to watch
Among the biggest challenges facing the apparel industry in 2014, responsible sourcing and the need for greater visibility across the supply chain were singled out, according to feedback from executives approached by just-style. This briefing suggests what will define the retail winners from the losers in 2014 - and what key strengths and strategies are helping companies to take leading positions.
- Apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Mexico
In 2013, the global economic slowdown severely affected the performance of multinational companies in some of the major markets, such as the US and Europe. As a result, many of these players shifted their attention towards developing economies, where they saw more opportunities. Since 2012 several multinational brands of apparel and footwear specialist retailers have entered the Mexican market, bringing important dynamism to this category, as this report demonstrates.
- Tailoring apparel to a new Latin America
Over the next five years apparel strategy in Latin America will be more important than anywhere else in the world. With Brazil hosting the World Cup and Olympics back-to-back, leading sportswear brands will need to be at the top of their game. At the same time, a new and aspirational middle class has fuelled big opportunities for fast fashion brands positioned at premium prices. How well leading players engage with the tastes and demands of Latin Americans will determine who comes out on top. This report takes a look at the region.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape