just-style's research roundup
A selection of reports from the just-style research store
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a two-part look at apparel and footwear retailing in the digital era, performance apparel markets, and clothing retailing in the UK.
- Apparel and footwear retailing in the digital era (part 1): Exploring innovation
As the internet brings about sweeping changes in apparel and footwear distribution, this briefing pinpoints key innovations in selling fashion online, focusing on the areas of fit and sizing, impulse buying, affordable luxury, curation and personalisation. This report also analyses the performance of fashion-focused online start-ups, as well as the inroads being made regarding omni-channel retailing, as the boundaries between in-store and online shopping become increasingly blurred.
- Apparel and footwear retailing in the digital era (part 2): Regional trends
As internet retailing continues to disrupt the face of apparel and footwear distribution globally, this briefing assesses the channel's varied adoption across regions. From Asia Pacific's bargain hunters to North America's digital natives, this briefing looks at the consumer trends shaping shopping habits, as well as the strategies employed by leading players.
- Footwear retailers in the UK - Industry market research report
Industry participants concentrate on selling footwear both through bricks-and-mortar stores and online portals. This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
- Performance apparel markets: Product developments and innovations, 1st quarter 2014
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable technology; and yarns for performance apparel. It also includes news from some of the most innovative companies involved in the market.
- Clothing retailing in the UK - Industry market research report
Clothing retailers source clothing from wholesalers or manufacturers and sell them to consumers. This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, 4th quarter 2013
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: antimicrobial fabric finishes; colour trends; fabric coatings; garment technologies; jeanswear; liquid repellent apparel; and wearable technology.
- Apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Australia
Weather conditions affected sales of apparel in 2013. A warmer winter forced apparel retailers to run the end-of-season clearance sales earlier than usual as consumers did not purchase the 2013 winter collections. The warm weather resulted in high inventory costs for retailers, forcing them to clear the unsold merchandise at lower prices. This report takes a look at the apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Australia.
- Clothing manufacturers (China) industry report
This analysis provides a detailed overview of the clothing manufacturers, China market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1000 companies. These include BAISHIGAO ARTS AND CRAFTS (CHANGSHU) CO., LTD., BEIJING MASTER-KING GARMENT MANUFACTURING CO., LTD. and CHANGLE CITY JINHE WOOL CO., LTD.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry