just-style's research roundup
Global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption: June 2014 is one of the reports featured in this week's research roundup
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a look at global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption, product developments and innovations in textile and apparel, and the smart wearable technology market.
- Global trends in fibre prices, production and consumption: June 2014
Trends in the fibre sector are an important indicator of future trends in textiles and apparel as a whole. This report provides an overview of general trends in fibre prices, production and consumption by country and region. It also provides insight, information, data and analysis of the key fibre types -natural and man-made.
- Product developments and innovations in textiles and apparel: June 2014
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry, including: 3D printed apparel; cosmetotextiles; environmentally friendly apparel; environmentally friendly fabric finishes; fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; garment technologies; high visibility apparel; insulation products; jeanswear; liquid repellent apparel; new collections; protective apparel; sportswear; virtual fitting room technology; wearable technology; and yarns for performance apparel.
- Global consumer smart wearable technology market 2014-2018
Smart wearable technology is defined as the gadgets which are worn on, or attached to, the body, while being used; and use application-enabled advanced computing and wireless technologies to process the inputs. Some of the smart wearable devices are Google Glass, Samsung Gear, and Nike wristbands. These devices are used for fitness, healthcare, lifestyle, and entertainment purposes. The analysts in this report forecast the global consumer smart wearable technology market to grow at a CAGR of 32.78% over the period 2013-2018.
- Apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Thailand
Get a detailed picture of the apparel and footwear specialist retailers market in Thailand from this report. Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change. Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands. Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Vietnam - ISA country report
This report contains detailed forecasts and analysis for Vietnam, including trade and investment analysis, economic forecasts, political risk assessments and demographic trend analysis. Each ISA country report contains detailed economic data and forecasts, analysis of trade and investment opportunities and coverage of the key political issues facing the country.
- Footwear: Global industry guide
This global footwear industry profile guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information, including market size (value 2009-2013, and forecast to 2018). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players, including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
As brands and retailers set higher production standards and create ever more complex supply chains, they need to consider all the risks when switching suppliers. Last month's management briefing also looks at changes in China and other supplier countries, and technology to help track and oversee sourcing shifts.
- Apparel and footwear retailing in the digital era (part 1): Exploring innovation
As the internet brings about sweeping changes in apparel and footwear distribution, this briefing pinpoints key innovations in selling fashion online, focusing on the areas of fit and sizing, impulse buying, affordable luxury, curation and personalisation. This report also analyses the performance of fashion-focused online start-ups, as well as the inroads being made regarding omni-channel retailing, as the boundaries between in-store and online shopping become increasingly blurred.
Companies: Nike Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A number of US and Peruvian human rights and union groups have filed a complaint alleging Peru's government failed to enforce basic garment sector labour laws under the terms of a free trade pact....
Web giant Amazon could take the top spot for US apparel retailing by 2017, analysts have predicted, displacing current leader Macy's....
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods is to open a boutique women's fitness and lifestyle speciality chain....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective