US: Justice acquisition boosts Dress Barn Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit up 64% to US$42m
- Net sales up 78% to $710.9m
- Boosted by contribution from Justice acquisition
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain.
Full-year profit doubled to US$133.4m, with net sales up 59% to $2.4bn, thanks to Justice and strong sales increases for the US business’s Dressbarn and Maurice’s retail concepts.
Comparable store sales rose 7% in the fourth quarter and 9% for the full fiscal year.
“Our financial results demonstrate that we have built a powerful platform of diversified retail concepts whose value-oriented merchandise assortments are resonating with today’s demanding consumers,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“The strategic progress we made this past year with the acquisition of Justice has clearly reinforced our ability to flow strong returns and create significant value for our shareholders.”
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis