US: Justice acquisition boosts Dress Barn Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit up 64% to US$42m
- Net sales up 78% to $710.9m
- Boosted by contribution from Justice acquisition
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain.
Full-year profit doubled to US$133.4m, with net sales up 59% to $2.4bn, thanks to Justice and strong sales increases for the US business’s Dressbarn and Maurice’s retail concepts.
Comparable store sales rose 7% in the fourth quarter and 9% for the full fiscal year.
“Our financial results demonstrate that we have built a powerful platform of diversified retail concepts whose value-oriented merchandise assortments are resonating with today’s demanding consumers,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“The strategic progress we made this past year with the acquisition of Justice has clearly reinforced our ability to flow strong returns and create significant value for our shareholders.”
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam