US: Justice acquisition boosts Dress Barn Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit up 64% to US$42m
- Net sales up 78% to $710.9m
- Boosted by contribution from Justice acquisition
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain.
Full-year profit doubled to US$133.4m, with net sales up 59% to $2.4bn, thanks to Justice and strong sales increases for the US business’s Dressbarn and Maurice’s retail concepts.
Comparable store sales rose 7% in the fourth quarter and 9% for the full fiscal year.
“Our financial results demonstrate that we have built a powerful platform of diversified retail concepts whose value-oriented merchandise assortments are resonating with today’s demanding consumers,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“The strategic progress we made this past year with the acquisition of Justice has clearly reinforced our ability to flow strong returns and create significant value for our shareholders.”
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead