US: Justice acquisition boosts Dress Barn Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit up 64% to US$42m
- Net sales up 78% to $710.9m
- Boosted by contribution from Justice acquisition
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain.
Full-year profit doubled to US$133.4m, with net sales up 59% to $2.4bn, thanks to Justice and strong sales increases for the US business’s Dressbarn and Maurice’s retail concepts.
Comparable store sales rose 7% in the fourth quarter and 9% for the full fiscal year.
“Our financial results demonstrate that we have built a powerful platform of diversified retail concepts whose value-oriented merchandise assortments are resonating with today’s demanding consumers,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“The strategic progress we made this past year with the acquisition of Justice has clearly reinforced our ability to flow strong returns and create significant value for our shareholders.”
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies