US: Justice acquisition boosts Dress Barn Q4 profit
- Q4 net profit up 64% to US$42m
- Net sales up 78% to $710.9m
- Boosted by contribution from Justice acquisition
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain.
Full-year profit doubled to US$133.4m, with net sales up 59% to $2.4bn, thanks to Justice and strong sales increases for the US business’s Dressbarn and Maurice’s retail concepts.
Comparable store sales rose 7% in the fourth quarter and 9% for the full fiscal year.
“Our financial results demonstrate that we have built a powerful platform of diversified retail concepts whose value-oriented merchandise assortments are resonating with today’s demanding consumers,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“The strategic progress we made this past year with the acquisition of Justice has clearly reinforced our ability to flow strong returns and create significant value for our shareholders.”
Ascena Retail Group Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, has raised its full-year earnings guidance after nearly doubling its second quarter profit....
Stronger than expected sales and margins during the holiday season have prompted Ascena Retail Group Inc - formerly The Dress Barn - to raise its full year earnings guidance....
Apparel retailer The Dress Barn, which operates the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands, has completed the reorganisation of its holding company and will now be known as Ascena Retail Group....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report